How to buy Icon Energy shares
Own Icon Energy shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Icon Energy Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Icon Energy shares (ICN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Icon Energy has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $9 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Icon Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Icon Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ICN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Icon Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Icon Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Icon Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ICN stocks over time.
Icon Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.007 - $0.025|
|50-day moving average||$0.0188|
|200-day moving average||$0.018|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.053|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Icon Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Icon Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-11)||5.88%|
|1 month (2021-05-18)||-18.18%|
|3 months (2021-03-18)||0.018|
|6 months (2020-12-18)||12.50%|
|1 year (2020-06-18)||80.00%|
|2 years (2019-06-18)||12.50%|
|3 years (2018-06-18)||-10.00%|
|5 years (2016-06-15)||-43.75%|
Icon Energy financials
|Operating margin TTM||20010.8%|
|Gross profit TTM||$152,936|
|Return on assets TTM||-24.6%|
|Return on equity TTM||-65.29%|
|Market capitalisation||$9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Icon Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Icon Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Icon Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Icon Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.007 up to $0.025. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Icon Energy 's is 0.7689. This would suggest that Icon Energy 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Icon Energy overview
Icon Energy Limited engages in exploration, appraisal, and development of oil and gas properties in Australia. It holds interests in the Cooper/Eromanga, and Surat and Gippsland Basins located in Queensland. The company was formerly known as Icon Oil NL and changed its name to Icon Energy Limited in November 2000. Icon Energy Limited was founded in 1993 and is headquartered in Gold Coast, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL: Start time and watch free
The one-win Bulldogs return after a bye, hopefully refreshed and ready to meet the Dragons.
NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
First home buyers in NSW could be given up to $25,000 towards their first home purchase – find out if you're eligible.
24 PlayStation 5 consoles are up for grabs this long weekend
eBay is giving away 24 PlayStation 5 prize packs this long weekend - here's how to enter.
Does anyone actually need Twitter Blue?
Here's everything included in Twitter Blue and how much it costs.
How to watch UFC 263 Adesanya vs Vettori 2 live in Australia
Undisputed champion Israel Adesanya is ready for his long-awaited rematch against Marvin Vettori in Arizona.
HBO Max Gossip Girl reboot: new trailer drops ahead of Australian broadcast
An updated version of Gossip Girl is coming our way – and it looks too good to miss.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off 4K TVs, $200 off Dyson vacuum cleaners, win $10,000 with Optus.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen are ready for battle as Termination Day approaches.
Ask an Expert