How to buy Hydrocarbon Dynamics shares | A$0.033
Own Hydrocarbon Dynamics shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Hydrocarbon Dynamics Limited is a specialty chemicals business based in Australia. Hydrocarbon Dynamics shares (HCD) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.033 – a decrease of 23.26% over the previous week. Hydrocarbon Dynamics has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $426,805.
How to buy shares in Hydrocarbon Dynamics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Hydrocarbon Dynamics . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HCD. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Hydrocarbon Dynamics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.033, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Hydrocarbon Dynamics . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Hydrocarbon Dynamics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Hydrocarbon Dynamics stock a buy or sell?
- Hydrocarbon Dynamics performance over time
- Hydrocarbon Dynamics 's financials
- How volatile are Hydrocarbon Dynamics shares?
- Does Hydrocarbon Dynamics pay a dividend?
- Have Hydrocarbon Dynamics shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Hydrocarbon Dynamics 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Hydrocarbon Dynamics 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.033, which is 28.26% down on its pre-crash value of $0.046 and 120.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.015.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Hydrocarbon Dynamics shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $333.33 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $550.00.
Hydrocarbon Dynamics share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HCD stocks over time.
Hydrocarbon Dynamics shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.033|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.013 - AUDA$0.094|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0279|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0278|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.0125|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Hydrocarbon Dynamics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Hydrocarbon Dynamics price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-19)||-17.50%|
|1 month (2020-09-25)||26.92%|
|3 months (2020-07-24)||17.86%|
|6 months (2020-04-24)||106.25%|
|1 year (2019-10-25)||-63.33%|
|2 years (2018-10-26)||-45.90%|
|3 years (2017-10-26)||-61.31%|
|5 years (2015-10-26)||-52.45%|
Hydrocarbon Dynamics financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-268,499|
|Return on assets TTM||-26.39%|
|Return on equity TTM||-43.98%|
|Market capitalisation||$11.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Hydrocarbon Dynamics share dividends
We're not expecting Hydrocarbon Dynamics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Hydrocarbon Dynamics 's shares ever split?
Hydrocarbon Dynamics 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 19 May 2016. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Hydrocarbon Dynamics shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Hydrocarbon Dynamics shares which in turn could have impacted Hydrocarbon Dynamics 's share price.
Hydrocarbon Dynamics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Hydrocarbon Dynamics 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.013 up to $0.094. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Hydrocarbon Dynamics 's is 2.9809. This would suggest that Hydrocarbon Dynamics 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Hydrocarbon Dynamics overview
Hydrocarbon Dynamics Limited engages in evaluating, exploring, and developing oil and gas prospects, and technologies in North America and internationally. It offers clean oil technology that allows for the swift, clean, and treatment of heavy, asphaltenic, and paraffinic oils. The company holds 100% interests in the Kentucky project, which covers an area of 1,786 acres located in Butler and Warren Counties, Kentucky; and Utah Heavy Oil project covering an area of 3,458 acres located in the Uinta Basin in Utah. Hydrocarbon Dynamics Limited was incorporated in 2005 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert