How to buy Hudson Investment Group (HGL) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Hudson Investment Group shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Hudson Investment Group is a real estate-development business based in Australia. Hudson Investment Group shares (HGL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Hudson Investment Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.7 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Hudson Investment Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Hudson Investment Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HGL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Hudson Investment Group reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Hudson Investment Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Hudson Investment Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Hudson Investment Group stock a buy or sell?
- Hudson Investment Group performance over time
- Are Hudson Investment Group shares over-valued?
- Hudson Investment Group 's financials
- How volatile are Hudson Investment Group shares?
- Does Hudson Investment Group pay a dividend?
- Have Hudson Investment Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Hudson Investment Group stock price (ASX:HGL)Use our graph to track the performance of HGL stocks over time.
Hudson Investment Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.21 - $0.355|
|50-day moving average||$0.33|
|200-day moving average||$0.3211|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.013|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Hudson Investment Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Hudson Investment Group price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-21)||0.33|
|1 month (2022-05-27)||0.33|
|3 months (2022-03-28)||0.33|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||0.33|
|1 year (2021-06-28)||50.00%|
|2 years (2020-06-26)||-10.81%|
|3 years (2019-06-28)||-35.92%|
|5 years (2017-06-28)||-90.00%|
Is Hudson Investment Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Hudson Investment Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Hudson Investment Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Hudson Investment Group 's P/E ratio
Hudson Investment Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 25x. In other words, Hudson Investment Group shares trade at around 25x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Hudson Investment Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||21.36%|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||0.63%|
|Return on equity TTM||3.02%|
|Market capitalisation||$19.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Hudson Investment Group share dividends
We're not expecting Hudson Investment Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Hudson Investment Group 's shares ever split?
Hudson Investment Group 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 24 May 2019. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Hudson Investment Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Hudson Investment Group shares which in turn could have impacted Hudson Investment Group 's share price.
Hudson Investment Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Hudson Investment Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.21 up to $0.355. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Hudson Investment Group 's is -0.4571. This would suggest that Hudson Investment Group 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Hudson Investment Group has bucked the trend.
Hudson Investment Group overview
Hudson Investment Group Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the investment, development, and leasing of industrial, residential, and commercial properties primarily in Australia. The company was incorporated in 1967 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Stocks similar to Hudson Investment Group
Hudson Investment Group in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
Ask an Expert