How to buy Hotcopper Holdings shares | A$0.27
Own Hotcopper Holdings shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
The Market Herald Limited is an internet content & information business based in Australia. Hotcopper Holdings shares (HOT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.27 – an increase of 3.85% over the previous week. Hotcopper Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $6 million.
How to buy shares in Hotcopper Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Hotcopper Holdings . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HOT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Hotcopper Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.27, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Hotcopper Holdings . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Hotcopper Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Hotcopper Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Hotcopper Holdings performance over time
- Are Hotcopper Holdings shares over-valued?
- Hotcopper Holdings 's financials
- How volatile are Hotcopper Holdings shares?
- Does Hotcopper Holdings pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Hotcopper Holdings 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Hotcopper Holdings 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.27, which is 50.00% up on its pre-crash value of $0.135 and 157.14% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.105.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Hotcopper Holdings shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $741.94 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,741.93.
Hotcopper Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HOT stocks over time.
Hotcopper Holdings shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.27|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.095 - AUDA$0.34|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.2772|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1899|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Hotcopper Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Hotcopper Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||3.85%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||1.89%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||31.71%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||170.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||86.21%|
|2 years (2018-10-15)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-10-16)||70.89%|
|5 years (2015-10-15)||N/A|
Is Hotcopper Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing Hotcopper Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Hotcopper Holdings 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Hotcopper Holdings 's P/E ratio
Hotcopper Holdings 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 38x. In other words, Hotcopper Holdings shares trade at around 38x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Hotcopper Holdings 's EBITDA
Hotcopper Holdings 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $57,094.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Hotcopper Holdings 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Hotcopper Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$6 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$2.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-3.62%|
|Return on equity TTM||-30.3%|
|Market capitalisation||$30.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Hotcopper Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting Hotcopper Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Hotcopper Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Hotcopper Holdings 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.095 up to $0.34. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Hotcopper Holdings 's is 0.8672. This would suggest that Hotcopper Holdings 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Hotcopper Holdings overview
Hotcopper Holdings Limited operates as a stock trading and investment Internet discussion forum in Australia. It provides a forum for investors to comment on a range of topics, including listed companies and IPOs, stocks to buy and sell, share market trading, ASX stock markets, foreign stock markets, politics, sports, betting, etc., as well as futures, derivatives, managed funds, and foreign currency trading. The company also offers Australian finance news, market caps, ASX listed company announcements, and prices. It serves substantial user base of retail and sophisticated investors, as well as self-managed superannuation funds. The company was incorporated in 2016 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert