How to buy Horizon Minerals shares
Own Horizon Minerals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Horizon Minerals Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Horizon Minerals shares (HRZ) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Horizon Minerals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $3.1 million..
How to buy shares in Horizon Minerals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Horizon Minerals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HRZ. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Horizon Minerals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.12, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Horizon Minerals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Horizon Minerals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Horizon Minerals stock a buy or sell?
- Horizon Minerals performance over time
- Are Horizon Minerals shares over-valued?
- Horizon Minerals 's financials
- How volatile are Horizon Minerals shares?
- Does Horizon Minerals pay a dividend?
- Have Horizon Minerals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Horizon Minerals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HRZ stocks over time.
Horizon Minerals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.059 - $0.185|
|50-day moving average||$0.1273|
|200-day moving average||$0.1173|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Horizon Minerals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Horizon Minerals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||9.09%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||20.00%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||4.35%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||-17.24%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||9.09%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-4.00%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-38.46%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||100.00%|
Is Horizon Minerals under- or over-valued?
Valuing Horizon Minerals stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Horizon Minerals 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Horizon Minerals 's P/E ratio
Horizon Minerals 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 50x. In other words, Horizon Minerals shares trade at around 50x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Horizon Minerals 's EBITDA
Horizon Minerals 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $629,516 (£355,394).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Horizon Minerals 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Horizon Minerals financials
|Revenue TTM||$3.1 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$3.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.93%|
|Return on equity TTM||2.33%|
|Market capitalisation||$65.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Horizon Minerals share dividends
We're not expecting Horizon Minerals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Horizon Minerals 's shares ever split?
Horizon Minerals 's shares were split on a 4:3 basis on 19 March 1996. So if you had owned 3 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 4 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Horizon Minerals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 25% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Horizon Minerals shares which in turn could have impacted Horizon Minerals 's share price.
Horizon Minerals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Horizon Minerals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.059 up to $0.185. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Horizon Minerals 's is 0.9378. This would suggest that Horizon Minerals 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Horizon Minerals overview
Horizon Minerals Limited engages in the exploration and development of mineral properties in Australia. It explores for gold, nickel, copper, vanadium, molybdenum, silver, and zinc deposits. The company operates 100% owned gold projects in the Kalgoorlie and Coolgardie regions. It also holds 100% interest in the Nimbus project; and has joint venture at the Richmond project located in Queensland. The company was formerly known as Intermin Resources Limited and changed its name to Horizon Minerals Limited in July 2019. Horizon Minerals Limited was incorporated in 1974 and is based in Nedlands, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Horizon Minerals units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Horizon Minerals units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Horizon Minerals units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Horizon Minerals units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Horizon Minerals units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Horizon Minerals units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Horizon Minerals units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Horizon Minerals units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Horizon Minerals units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert