How to buy Hillgrove Resources shares | A$0.038
Own Hillgrove Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Hillgrove Resources Limited is a copper business based in Australia. Hillgrove Resources shares (HGO) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.038 – a decrease of 9.52% over the previous week. Hillgrove Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $60.2 million.
How to buy shares in Hillgrove Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Hillgrove Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HGO. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Hillgrove Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.038, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Hillgrove Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Hillgrove Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Hillgrove Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Hillgrove Resources performance over time
- Are Hillgrove Resources shares over-valued?
- Hillgrove Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Hillgrove Resources shares?
- Does Hillgrove Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Hillgrove Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Hillgrove Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Hillgrove Resources 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.038, which is 29.63% down on its pre-crash value of $0.054 and 5.56% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.036.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Hillgrove Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $644.07 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $644.07.
Hillgrove Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HGO stocks over time.
Hillgrove Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.038|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.028 - AUDA$0.075|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0408|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0385|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.01 (40.54%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.033|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Hillgrove Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Hillgrove Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-23)||0%|
|1 month (2020-10-01)||2.70%|
|3 months (2020-07-31)||0%|
|6 months (2020-05-01)||-5.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-31)||-44.12%|
|2 years (2018-10-31)||-56.82%|
|3 years (2017-10-31)||-54.76%|
|5 years (2015-10-30)||-80.51%|
Is Hillgrove Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Hillgrove Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Hillgrove Resources 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Hillgrove Resources 's P/E ratio
Hillgrove Resources 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 1x. In other words, Hillgrove Resources shares trade at around 1x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Hillgrove Resources 's EBITDA
Hillgrove Resources 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $11.9 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Hillgrove Resources 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Hillgrove Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$60.2 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$16.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-17.4%|
|Return on equity TTM||-63.16%|
|Market capitalisation||$22.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Hillgrove Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Hillgrove Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Hillgrove Resources 's shares ever split?
Hillgrove Resources 's shares were split on a 1:8 basis on 11 September 2014. So if you had owned 8 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Hillgrove Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 700% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Hillgrove Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Hillgrove Resources 's share price.
Hillgrove Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Hillgrove Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.028 up to $0.075. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Hillgrove Resources 's is 0.8922. This would suggest that Hillgrove Resources 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Hillgrove Resources overview
Hillgrove Resources Limited operates as a mining company in Australia and Indonesia. The company explores for copper, gold, and silver deposits. Its flagship project is the Kanmantoo Copper mine and associated regional exploration targets located in the Adelaide Hills region of South Australia. The company was incorporated in 1952 and is headquartered in Unley, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Youfoodz (HGO.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Youfoodz IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Hipages (HGO.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Hipages IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Hillgrove Resources shares | $56.73
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy Hillgrove Resources shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy Hillgrove Resources shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy Hillgrove Resources shares | $70.89
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy Hillgrove Resources shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Where to buy writing pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy writing pencils online in Australia.
Ask an Expert