How to buy High Peak Royalties shares | A$0.057
Own High Peak Royalties shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
High Peak Royalties Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. High Peak Royalties shares (HPR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.057 – an increase of 7.55% over the previous week. High Peak Royalties has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $617,031.
How to buy shares in High Peak Royalties
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for High Peak Royalties . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HPR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until High Peak Royalties reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.057, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of High Peak Royalties . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- High Peak Royalties key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is High Peak Royalties stock a buy or sell?
- High Peak Royalties performance over time
- High Peak Royalties 's financials
- How volatile are High Peak Royalties shares?
- Does High Peak Royalties pay a dividend?
- Have High Peak Royalties shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted High Peak Royalties 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, High Peak Royalties 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.057, which is 38.71% down on its pre-crash value of $0.093 and 57.89% down on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.09.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of High Peak Royalties shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $1,000.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $633.33.
High Peak Royalties share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HPR stocks over time.
High Peak Royalties shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.057|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.053 - AUDA$0.11|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0607|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0622|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.004|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy High Peak Royalties stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
High Peak Royalties price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-23)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-30)||-5.00%|
|3 months (2020-07-30)||-8.06%|
|6 months (2020-04-30)||-13.64%|
|1 year (2019-10-30)||-45.71%|
|2 years (2018-10-26)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-10-26)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-10-30)||-33.72%|
Is High Peak Royalties under- or over-valued?
Valuing High Peak Royalties stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of High Peak Royalties 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
High Peak Royalties 's EBITDA
High Peak Royalties 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $178,231.
The EBITDA is a measure of a High Peak Royalties 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
High Peak Royalties financials
|Gross profit TTM||$617,031|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.14%|
|Return on equity TTM||-10.44%|
|Market capitalisation||$10.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
High Peak Royalties share dividends
We're not expecting High Peak Royalties to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have High Peak Royalties 's shares ever split?
High Peak Royalties 's shares were split on a 1:5 basis on 25 March 2014. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your High Peak Royalties shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for High Peak Royalties shares which in turn could have impacted High Peak Royalties 's share price.
High Peak Royalties share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, High Peak Royalties 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.053 up to $0.11. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while High Peak Royalties 's is -0.0936. This would suggest that High Peak Royalties 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, High Peak Royalties has bucked the trend.
High Peak Royalties overview
High Peak Royalties Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition of royalty and exploration interests in oil and gas assets. It has royalties over 20 oil and gas permits in Australia and over 2,000 wells in the United States. The company was incorporated in 2006 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Youfoodz (HPR.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Youfoodz IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Hipages (HPR.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Hipages IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy High Peak Royalties shares | $58.29
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy High Peak Royalties shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy High Peak Royalties shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy High Peak Royalties shares | $71.62
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy High Peak Royalties shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Where to buy writing pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy writing pencils online in Australia.
Ask an Expert