How to buy Hexagon Energy Materials (HXG) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Hexagon Energy Materials shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Hexagon Energy Materials is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Hexagon Energy Materials shares (HXG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Hexagon Energy Materials has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $14.4 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Hexagon Energy Materials
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Hexagon Energy Materials . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HXG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Hexagon Energy Materials reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Hexagon Energy Materials . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Hexagon Energy Materials key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Hexagon Energy Materials stock a buy or sell?
- Hexagon Energy Materials performance over time
- Hexagon Energy Materials 's financials
- How volatile are Hexagon Energy Materials shares?
- Does Hexagon Energy Materials pay a dividend?
- Have Hexagon Energy Materials shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Hexagon Energy Materials stock price (ASX:HXG)Use our graph to track the performance of HXG stocks over time.
Hexagon Energy Materials shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.026 - $0.13|
|50-day moving average||$0.0436|
|200-day moving average||$0.0677|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.038|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Hexagon Energy Materials stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Hexagon Energy Materials price performance over time
|1 week (2022-05-10)||0.027|
|1 month (2022-04-14)||-41.94%|
|3 months (2022-02-17)||-50.91%|
|6 months (2021-11-17)||-74.29%|
|1 year (2021-05-17)||-70.33%|
|2 years (2020-05-15)||-57.81%|
|3 years (2019-05-17)||-77.50%|
|5 years (2017-05-17)||-80.71%|
Hexagon Energy Materials financials
|Operating margin TTM||3927.1%|
|Gross profit TTM||$384,298|
|Return on assets TTM||-247.22%|
|Return on equity TTM||-547.48%|
|Market capitalisation||$14.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Hexagon Energy Materials share dividends
We're not expecting Hexagon Energy Materials to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Hexagon Energy Materials 's shares ever split?
Hexagon Energy Materials 's shares were split on a 1:16 basis on 22 May 2012. So if you had owned 16 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Hexagon Energy Materials shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1500% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Hexagon Energy Materials shares which in turn could have impacted Hexagon Energy Materials 's share price.
Hexagon Energy Materials share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Hexagon Energy Materials 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.026 up to $0.13. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Hexagon Energy Materials 's is 1.9043. This would suggest that Hexagon Energy Materials 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Hexagon Energy Materials overview
Hexagon Energy Materials Limited, together with its subsidiary, explores for and develops clean energy and energy materials projects in Australia and the United States. The company explores for gold, graphite, nickel, copper, and base metal deposits, as well as platinum group metals. Its flagship project is the Pedirka Blue Hydrogen project located in Australia. The company was formerly known as Hexagon Resources Limited and changed its name to Hexagon Energy Materials Limited in November 2019. Hexagon Energy Materials Limited was incorporated in 2001 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Hexagon Energy Materials in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Regener8 Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Regener8 Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Cosmos: Cosmos Purpose Bitcoin Access ETF
While crypto ETFs remain a relatively new concept, here is how you can invest in one of the first physically back Bitcoin ETFs.
ETF Securities: The ETFS 21Shares Ethereum ETF (EETH)
Here is your how to guide on buying the first Ethereum backed ETF in Australia.
How to invest in the Southern Palladium Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Southern Palladium Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Coolabah Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Coolabah Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Firetail Resources (FTL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Firetail Resources shares.
What are hedged and unhedged ETFs and which is better for you?
Considering buying a hedged or unhedged ETF? Here is what you need to know prior to investing.
How to buy Gran Tierra Energy (GTE) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gran Tierra Energy shares from Australia.
What is copy trading and is it right for you?
Copy trading is a strategy that allows you to follow other traders. This guide will help you understand what it is and if its right for you.
Ask an Expert