How to buy Hexagon Energy Materials shares | A$0.051
Own Hexagon Energy Materials shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Hexagon Energy Materials Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Hexagon Energy Materials shares (HXG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.051 – an increase of 18.6% over the previous week. Hexagon Energy Materials has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $517,250.
How to buy shares in Hexagon Energy Materials
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Hexagon Energy Materials . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HXG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Hexagon Energy Materials reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.051, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Hexagon Energy Materials . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Hexagon Energy Materials key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Hexagon Energy Materials stock a buy or sell?
- Hexagon Energy Materials performance over time
- Hexagon Energy Materials 's financials
- How volatile are Hexagon Energy Materials shares?
- Does Hexagon Energy Materials pay a dividend?
- Have Hexagon Energy Materials shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Hexagon Energy Materials 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Hexagon Energy Materials 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.051, which is 0.00% up on its pre-crash value of $0.051 and 70.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.03.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Hexagon Energy Materials shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $666.67 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,062.50.
Hexagon Energy Materials share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HXG stocks over time.
Hexagon Energy Materials shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.051|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.03 - AUDA$0.085|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0564|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0579|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.007|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Hexagon Energy Materials stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Hexagon Energy Materials price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||15.91%|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||-12.07%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||-7.27%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||-20.31%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-5.56%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-60.77%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||-60.77%|
|5 years (2015-10-20)||-15.00%|
Hexagon Energy Materials financials
|Gross profit TTM||$517,250|
|Return on assets TTM||-34.85%|
|Return on equity TTM||-60%|
|Market capitalisation||$12.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Hexagon Energy Materials share dividends
We're not expecting Hexagon Energy Materials to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Hexagon Energy Materials 's shares ever split?
Hexagon Energy Materials 's shares were split on a 1:16 basis on 22 May 2012. So if you had owned 16 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Hexagon Energy Materials shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1500% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Hexagon Energy Materials shares which in turn could have impacted Hexagon Energy Materials 's share price.
Hexagon Energy Materials share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Hexagon Energy Materials 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.03 up to $0.085. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Hexagon Energy Materials 's is 1.1601. This would suggest that Hexagon Energy Materials 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Hexagon Energy Materials overview
Hexagon Energy Materials Limited, together with its subsidiary, explores for and develops mineral properties in Australia and the United States. The company explores for graphite, gold, and base metal deposits. Its project includes McIntosh flake graphite project located in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. The company also holds 80% interest in the Alabama Graphite project located in Alabama; and the Halls Creek project covering an area of approximately 657 square kilometers located in the east Kimberley region of Western Australia. In addition, it focuses on the development of rare earth refining business. The company was formerly known as Hexagon Resources Limited and changed its name to Hexagon Energy Materials Limited in November 2019. Hexagon Energy Materials Limited was incorporated in 2001 and is based in Applecross, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert