How to buy Helix Resources shares | A$0.01
Own Helix Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Helix Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Helix Resources shares (HLX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.01 – an increase of 11.11% over the previous week. Helix Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $144,636.
How to buy shares in Helix Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Helix Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HLX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Helix Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.01, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Helix Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Helix Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Helix Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Helix Resources performance over time
- Helix Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Helix Resources shares?
- Does Helix Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Helix Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Helix Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Helix Resources 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.01, which is 28.57% down on its pre-crash value of $0.014 and 150.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.004.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Helix Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $285.71 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $714.29.
Helix Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HLX stocks over time.
Helix Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.01|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.004 - AUDA$0.022|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0153|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0124|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Helix Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Helix Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||-41.18%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||-37.50%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||11.11%|
|1 year (2019-10-17)||-44.44%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-67.74%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||-71.43%|
|5 years (2015-10-15)||N/A|
Helix Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$144,636|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.95%|
|Return on equity TTM||-5.04%|
|Market capitalisation||$7.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Helix Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Helix Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Helix Resources 's shares ever split?
Helix Resources 's shares were split on 2 October 2007.
Helix Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Helix Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.004 up to $0.022. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Helix Resources 's is 2.3541. This would suggest that Helix Resources 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Helix Resources overview
Helix Resources Limited, a minerals exploration company, engages in the identification, acquisition, and development of mineral projects in Australia and Chile. It explores for gold, copper, zinc, iron ore, and base metals. The company focuses on its flagship Collerina Copper Project; and Cobar Gold projects located in Cobar-Girilambone district in Central New South Wales, Australia. Helix Resources Limited was incorporated in 1985 and is headquartered in Subiaco, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert