How to buy Helios Energy shares
Own Helios Energy shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Helios Energy Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Helios Energy shares (HE8) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Helios Energy has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $29,242. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Helios Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Helios Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HE8. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Helios Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Helios Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Helios Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HE8 stocks over time.
Helios Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.08 - $0.18|
|50-day moving average||$0.1308|
|200-day moving average||$0.2448|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.002|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Helios Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Helios Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-17)||-27.27%|
|1 month (2021-05-24)||-4.00%|
|3 months (2021-03-24)||-17.24%|
|6 months (2020-12-24)||-20.00%|
|1 year (2020-06-24)||22.45%|
|2 years (2019-06-24)||-27.27%|
|3 years (2018-06-22)||118.18%|
|5 years (2016-06-24)||194.12%|
Helios Energy financials
|Gross profit TTM||$73,930|
|Return on assets TTM||-17.12%|
|Return on equity TTM||-31.18%|
|Market capitalisation||$272.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Helios Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Helios Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Helios Energy 's shares ever split?
Helios Energy 's shares were split on a 1:2 basis on 7 February 2017. So if you had owned 2 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Helios Energy shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 100% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Helios Energy shares which in turn could have impacted Helios Energy 's share price.
Helios Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Helios Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.08 up to $0.18. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Helios Energy 's is 0.4848. This would suggest that Helios Energy 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Helios Energy overview
Helios Energy Limited operates as an onshore oil and gas exploration company in the United States. It primarily holds a 70% working interest in the Presidio Oil project covering an area of 59,980 net acres located in Texas, the United States. The company was formerly known as New Horizon Coal Limited and changed its name to Helios Energy Limited in April 2017. Helios Energy Limited is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
3 Virgin Australia sales to get you 50% off flights + 50% bonus points
Earn extra points for every $1 spent when you book these domestic flights before the end of the financial year.
Prime Day deal: $100 off Sony’s ‘Bose Killing’ Headphones
Get 33% off Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones during Amazon Prime Day 2021. Here's how to get the deal before it disappears.
Amazon Prime Day best book deals for all ages: Up to 55% off
Snap up best-selling reads for the whole family with these great Australian Prime Day offers.
The best Amazon Prime Day phone deals Australia: $600 off
Top offers include 57% off phone accessories, 38% off OPPO and 36% off Nokia.
Amazon Prime Day’s best appliance deals: 49% off De’Longhi, Philips
From air fryers to coffee makers to vacuum cleaners and more, these are the very best appliance deals that Amazon has to offer this Prime Day.
Amazon Prime Day: 75% off these massive beauty brands
Prime Day is your only chance to save big on Olaplex, Maybelline, La-Roche Posay, Calvin Klein fragrances and more.
Best Amazon Prime Day headphone deals: 58% off Sony + heaps more
Top headphone offers include 58% off Sony, 54% off Sennheiser and 45% off Bose.
Prime Day 2021: Up to 40% off tablets from Lenovo, Samsung and Huawei
Prime Day is here – don't miss your chance to save big on these tablets from your favourite tech brands.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: Amazon Prime Day 2021 deals, $270 off Sunbeam coffee machines, $70 off Xbox Series S.
The best Amazon Prime Day deals from Aussie brands: Get 45% off
Here are the Prime Day deals you can feel especially good about shopping.
Ask an Expert