How to buy Heartland Group Holdings (HGH) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Heartland Group Holdings shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Heartland Group Holdings Limited is a mortgage finance business based in Australia. Heartland Group Holdings shares (HGH) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Heartland Group Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $217.1 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Heartland Group Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Heartland Group Holdings . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HGH. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Heartland Group Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Heartland Group Holdings . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Heartland Group Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Heartland Group Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Heartland Group Holdings performance over time
- Are Heartland Group Holdings shares over-valued?
- Heartland Group Holdings 's financials
- How volatile are Heartland Group Holdings shares?
- Does Heartland Group Holdings pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Heartland Group Holdings stock price (ASX:HGH)Use our graph to track the performance of HGH stocks over time.
Heartland Group Holdings shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.0159 - $1.94|
|50-day moving average||$1.9065|
|200-day moving average||$1.7561|
|Dividend yield||$0.065 (3.37%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.12|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Heartland Group Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Heartland Group Holdings price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-02)||-6.51%|
|3 months (2021-04-30)||6.53%|
Is Heartland Group Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing Heartland Group Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Heartland Group Holdings 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Heartland Group Holdings 's P/E ratio
Heartland Group Holdings 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 16x. In other words, Heartland Group Holdings shares trade at around 16x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Heartland Group Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$217.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||52.02%|
|Gross profit TTM||$205.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.43%|
|Return on equity TTM||10.7%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Heartland Group Holdings share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 56.06% of net profits
Recently Heartland Group Holdings has paid out, on average, around 56.06% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.88% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Heartland Group Holdings shareholders could enjoy a 3.88% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Heartland Group Holdings 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.065 per share.
Heartland Group Holdings 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 February 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
Heartland Group Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Heartland Group Holdings 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.0159 up to $1.94. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Heartland Group Holdings 's is 1.1109. This would suggest that Heartland Group Holdings 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Heartland Group Holdings overview
Heartland Group Holdings Limited operates as the bank holding company for Heartland Bank Limited that provides various financial services in New Zealand and Australia. The company offers savings accounts, term deposits, and direct and business call accounts. It also provides home loans, business loans, term loans, revolving credit, business finance guarantee scheme, reverse mortgages, car loans, rural loans, livestock finance, seasonal finance, capital livestock finance, and farm transition loans. In addition, it offers internet and mobile banking services; and management and insurance services. Further, the company engages in investment property holding business. The company was founded in 1875 and is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Heartland Group Holdings in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert