How to buy Hawthorn Resources shares | A$0.15
Own Hawthorn Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Hawthorn Resources Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Hawthorn Resources shares (HAW) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.15 – an increase of 3.45% over the previous week. Hawthorn Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $37.8 million.
How to buy shares in Hawthorn Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Hawthorn Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HAW. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Hawthorn Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.15, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Hawthorn Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Hawthorn Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Hawthorn Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Hawthorn Resources performance over time
- Are Hawthorn Resources shares over-valued?
- Hawthorn Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Hawthorn Resources shares?
- Does Hawthorn Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Hawthorn Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Hawthorn Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Hawthorn Resources 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.15, which is 46.67% up on its pre-crash value of $0.08 and 114.29% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.07.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Hawthorn Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $886.08 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,898.73.
Hawthorn Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HAW stocks over time.
Hawthorn Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.15|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.052 - AUDA$0.18|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.1406|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1423|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.02 (16.46%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.027|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Hawthorn Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Hawthorn Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-21)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-29)||7.14%|
|3 months (2020-07-28)||-9.09%|
|6 months (2020-04-28)||11.11%|
|1 year (2019-10-28)||183.02%|
|2 years (2018-10-26)||226.09%|
|3 years (2017-10-27)||188.46%|
|5 years (2015-10-28)||383.87%|
Is Hawthorn Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Hawthorn Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Hawthorn Resources 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Hawthorn Resources 's P/E ratio
Hawthorn Resources 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 5x. In other words, Hawthorn Resources shares trade at around 5x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Hawthorn Resources 's EBITDA
Hawthorn Resources 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $16.9 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Hawthorn Resources 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Hawthorn Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$37.8 million|
|Operating margin TTM||36.87%|
|Gross profit TTM||$16 million|
|Return on assets TTM||29.77%|
|Return on equity TTM||56.05%|
|Market capitalisation||$51.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Hawthorn Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Hawthorn Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Hawthorn Resources 's shares ever split?
Hawthorn Resources 's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 5 May 2013. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Hawthorn Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Hawthorn Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Hawthorn Resources 's share price.
Hawthorn Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Hawthorn Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.052 up to $0.18. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Hawthorn Resources 's is 0.492. This would suggest that Hawthorn Resources 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Hawthorn Resources overview
Hawthorn Resources Limited, together with its subsidiaries, explores for gold and base metal deposits in Western Australia. It holds interest in the Trouser Legs Mine gold project located in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia. The company was incorporated in 1985 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert