How to buy Hastings Technology Metals (HAS) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Hastings Technology Metals shares.
Hastings Technology Metals is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Hastings Technology Metals shares (HAS) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Hastings Technology Metals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $7.2 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Hastings Technology Metals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Hastings Technology Metals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HAS. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Hastings Technology Metals reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Hastings Technology Metals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Hastings Technology Metals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Hastings Technology Metals stock a buy or sell?
- Hastings Technology Metals performance over time
- Hastings Technology Metals 's financials
- How volatile are Hastings Technology Metals shares?
- Does Hastings Technology Metals pay a dividend?
- Have Hastings Technology Metals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Hastings Technology Metals stock price (ASX:HAS)Use our graph to track the performance of HAS stocks over time.
Hastings Technology Metals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.66 - $3.97|
|50-day moving average||$0.7485|
|200-day moving average||$1.4641|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.09|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Hastings Technology Metals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Hastings Technology Metals price performance over time
|1 week (2023-12-01)||-1.46%|
|1 month (2023-11-10)||-17.68%|
|3 months (2023-09-11)||-30.05%|
|6 months (2023-06-09)||-51.44%|
|1 year (2022-12-09)||-81.85%|
|2 years (2021-12-10)||-86.22%|
|3 years (2020-12-11)||-76.72%|
|5 years (2018-12-11)||-78.91%|
Hastings Technology Metals financials
|Revenue TTM||$7.2 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$175,915|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.75%|
|Return on equity TTM||-3.54%|
|Market capitalisation||$88.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Hastings Technology Metals share dividends
We're not expecting Hastings Technology Metals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Hastings Technology Metals 's shares ever split?
Hastings Technology Metals 's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 23 June 2022. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Hastings Technology Metals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Hastings Technology Metals shares which in turn could have impacted Hastings Technology Metals 's share price.
Hastings Technology Metals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Hastings Technology Metals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.66 up to $3.97. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Hastings Technology Metals 's is 0.816. This would suggest that Hastings Technology Metals 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Hastings Technology Metals overview
Hastings Technology Metals Limited engages in the exploration and development of rare earth deposits in Australia. The company focuses on neodymium and praseodymium minerals. It owns the Yangibana Rare Earths Project, located in the Gascoyne region of Western Australia through the 100% ownership of twenty-two tenements/exploration licenses, one prospecting license, and thirteen mining leases, in all covering an area of approximately 590 square kilometers; and the Brockman Rare Earths Project, comprising of four prospecting licenses, located in the East Kimberley region of Western Australia. The company was formerly known as Hastings Rare Metals Limited and changed its name to Hastings Technology Metals Limited in October 2015. Hastings Technology Metals Limited was incorporated in 2006 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Hastings Technology Metals
Hastings Technology Metals in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Tiger Brokers review for Australians
If you're thinking of trading stocks with Tiger Brokers, check out our review of this online broker's fees, safety and pros and cons first.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Caltex Australia shares
Steps to owning and managing Caltex Australia shares from .
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert