How to buy Harris Technology Group shares
Own Harris Technology Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Harris Technology Group Limited is an internet retail business based in Australia. Harris Technology Group shares (HT8) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Harris Technology Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $13.6 million..
How to buy shares in Harris Technology Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Harris Technology Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HT8. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Harris Technology Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.155, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Harris Technology Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Harris Technology Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Harris Technology Group stock a buy or sell?
- Harris Technology Group performance over time
- Are Harris Technology Group shares over-valued?
- Harris Technology Group 's financials
- How volatile are Harris Technology Group shares?
- Does Harris Technology Group pay a dividend?
- Have Harris Technology Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Harris Technology Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HT8 stocks over time.
Harris Technology Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.009 - $0.18|
|50-day moving average||$0.1238|
|200-day moving average||$0.069|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.005|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Harris Technology Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Harris Technology Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-26.19%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-16.22%|
|3 months (2020-10-20)||14.81%|
|6 months (2020-07-20)||236.96%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||1,622.22%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||1,450.00%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||154.10%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||-22.50%|
Is Harris Technology Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Harris Technology Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Harris Technology Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Harris Technology Group 's P/E ratio
Harris Technology Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 21x. In other words, Harris Technology Group shares trade at around 21x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Harris Technology Group 's EBITDA
Harris Technology Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.2 million (£691,878).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Harris Technology Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Harris Technology Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$13.6 million|
|Operating margin TTM||8.97%|
|Gross profit TTM||$2.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||19.95%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$34.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Harris Technology Group share dividends
We're not expecting Harris Technology Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Harris Technology Group 's shares ever split?
Harris Technology Group 's shares were split on a 1:25 basis on 26 July 2016. So if you had owned 25 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Harris Technology Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 2400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Harris Technology Group shares which in turn could have impacted Harris Technology Group 's share price.
Harris Technology Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Harris Technology Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.009 up to $0.18. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Harris Technology Group 's is 0.9734. This would suggest that Harris Technology Group 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Harris Technology Group overview
Harris Technology Group Limited engages in online retailing and technology distribution businesses in Australia. The company engages in the online retail of IT products for small and medium businesses; and PPE products, face masks, hand sanitizers, and alcohol wipes, as well as a foot operated hand sanitizer dispensers. It sells its products through www.ht.com.au, and other online platforms, such as Amazon, Kogan, Catch, eBay, etc. The company was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Hallam, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Harris Technology Group units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Harris Technology Group units | A$52.92
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Harris Technology Group units | A$103.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Harris Technology Group units | A$23.84
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Harris Technology Group units | A$88.09
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Harris Technology Group units | A$16.16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Harris Technology Group units | A$75.2
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Harris Technology Group units | A$50.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Harris Technology Group units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert