How to buy Hansen Technologies shares | A$4.2
Own Hansen Technologies shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Hansen Technologies Limited is a software—application business based in Australia. Hansen Technologies shares (HSN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $4.2 – an increase of 2.44% over the previous week. Hansen Technologies has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $301.4 million.
How to buy shares in Hansen Technologies
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Hansen Technologies . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HSN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Hansen Technologies reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $4.2, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Hansen Technologies . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Hansen Technologies key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Hansen Technologies stock a buy or sell?
- Hansen Technologies performance over time
- Are Hansen Technologies shares over-valued?
- Hansen Technologies 's financials
- How volatile are Hansen Technologies shares?
- Does Hansen Technologies pay a dividend?
- Have Hansen Technologies shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Hansen Technologies 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Hansen Technologies 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $4.2, which is 11.19% up on its pre-crash value of $3.73 and 60.31% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $2.62.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Hansen Technologies shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $795.02 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,163.44.
Hansen Technologies share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HSN stocks over time.
Hansen Technologies shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$4.2|
|52-week range||AUDA$2.62 - AUDA$4.22|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$3.8603|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$3.1997|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.1 (2.44%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.129|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Hansen Technologies stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Hansen Technologies price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||2.44%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||9.38%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||44.33%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||46.85%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||19.66%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||17.65%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||19.66%|
|5 years (2015-10-20)||42.37%|
Is Hansen Technologies under- or over-valued?
Valuing Hansen Technologies stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Hansen Technologies 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Hansen Technologies 's P/E ratio
Hansen Technologies 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 31x. In other words, Hansen Technologies shares trade at around 31x recent earnings.
That's comparable to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14).
Hansen Technologies 's EBITDA
Hansen Technologies 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $42.2 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Hansen Technologies 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Hansen Technologies financials
|Revenue TTM||$301.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||12.57%|
|Gross profit TTM||$105.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||4.33%|
|Return on equity TTM||10.27%|
|Market capitalisation||$815.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Hansen Technologies share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 38.46% of net profits
Recently Hansen Technologies has paid out, on average, around 38.46% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 2.44% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Hansen Technologies shareholders could enjoy a 2.44% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Hansen Technologies 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.1 per share.
While Hansen Technologies 's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Hansen Technologies may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 1 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Hansen Technologies 's shares ever split?
Hansen Technologies 's shares were split on 15 June 2008.
Hansen Technologies share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Hansen Technologies 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.62 up to $4.22. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Hansen Technologies 's is 0.4735. This would suggest that Hansen Technologies 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Hansen Technologies overview
Hansen Technologies Limited develops, integrates, and supports customer care and billing system software for the energy, utilities, and telecommunications sectors. It offers Create-Deliver-Engage suite, a set of software applications. The company sells billing applications; and provides consulting services related to billing systems. It also offers information technology (IT) outsourcing and customer care services. In addition, the company provides architecture consulting, product implementation, cloud, and managed services. It has operations in Australia, New Zealand, North America, Central America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and rest of Asia. Hansen Technologies Limited was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert