Where to buy hand sanitiser online in Australia
Looking for hand sanitiser? Here's where you can buy it online with shipping to Australia in April 2020.
Due to extraordinary demand and limited stock availability, some sellers are charging prices far above the average, also known as "price gouging". We encourage consumers to be vigilant about unusually high prices, and compare options before making a purchasing decision. Note that it is illegal for a business to make misleading claims about the reasons for price increases, and it's always a good idea to check online stores of reputable retailers (even if they're out of stock) to find reasonable and normal prices for products.
One of the best ways to protect yourself from infection is to regularly wash your hands with soap and water, but there are times when you don't have immediate access to soap and water, say when you're on public transport or walking to and from work.
In these cases, buying hand sanitiser online to have it on the go could be a great alternative. According to the Department of Health, you should be using a 60-80% alcohol-based hand rub.
Stores where you can buy hand sanitiser online
Amazon is one of the largest online marketplaces, stocking just about anything and everything. What's included? A whole range of hand sanitiser brands, and you can buy in bulk.
- Buy now and pay later thanks to Zip Pay
- Sign up to Amazon Prime and get free shipping and returns on millions of items
- Bulk buy your items and it could potentially save you money
eBay is easily a one-stop shop for all kinds of household items. You can find a wide range of different hand sanitisers, all at different price points.
- Sign up to eBay Plus and score free shipping and returns on millions of items
- You can buy in bulk and potentially save money
- Buyer protection is guaranteed
Are you on the hunt for a great bargain? Catch is your place to shop. Browse through the various brands of hand sanitiser and find yourself the best deal.
- Sign up for Club Catch, which gives you free delivery choices for an annual subscription fee
- Try out Club Catch free for 30 days
- Express delivery options available
If you're a fan of clean beauty and healthcare, head on over to Nourished Life. This is where you can find natural and organic brands of hand sanitiser.
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Free samples with every order
- 90-day return policy
Selling just about every beauty, skincare and hair product you can imagine on the cheap, Strawberrynet will also deliver hand sanitiser right to your door.
- Free standard shipping on orders over $50
- Huge discounts available
- Also keen on a fragrance? You'll get a free 50ml sanitiser with any fragrance purchase
From cute-and-small sanitisers that are perfect for on the go to family-size pumps to wall-mounted bathroom dispensers, AliExpress has plenty of options for hand sanitisers.
- New users can take advantage of discount coupons
- Free shipping available on most items
- Prices start at less than $3
8. Chemist Warehouse
If you're looking to save on pharmacy products, head on over to Chemist Warehouse. The online retailer carries a range of healthcare and beauty items, vitamins and so much more.
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Afterpay is available
- Search through hundreds of discounts on the most popular brands
Coles is one of Australia's leading supermarkets. While you do your weekly grocery shop, it may be worth picking up some hand sanitiser – and there's plenty to choose from.
- Free delivery when you spend over $150
- Click and collect available when you shop before 11am
- Need assistance? You can live chat with the customer service team
Officeworks is the place to shop for all your home, school and business needs. The retailer stocks plenty of hand sanitiser so you can fight off germs and get on with your day to day life.
- Free metro delivery on orders over $55
- Free two-hour click and collect
- Price beat guarantee
Which of these retailers offer free delivery on hand sanitiser?
- eBay: Sign up to eBay Plus and score free shipping and returns on millions of items
- Amazon: Sign up to Amazon Prime and get free shipping and returns on millions of items
- Chemist Warehouse: Free shipping on orders $50 or more.
- Catch: Sign up for Club Catch, which gives you free delivery choices for an annual subscription fee
- Nourished Life: Free shipping on orders $50 or more.
- AliExpress: Free shipping on select orders.
- Strawberrynet: Free standard shipping on orders $50 or more
- Coles: Free delivery when you spend $150 or more.
- Officeworks: Free metro delivery on orders over $557.
Which hand sanitiser is the best?
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends using sanitiser as a way to prevent spreading disease, and generally one with an alcohol base is best.
We're compared the best hand sanistier brands here so you can find the best product for you.
How does hand sanitiser work?
Alcohol-based hand sanitisers work by killing germ cells on the surface of your hands, which you may have picked up by doing something as simple as opening a door or handling money.
While according to the Centre for Disease Control (CDC) it's not quite as effective as washing your hands with soap and water, hand sanitisers with 60-95% alcohol should reduce the growth of germs.
To use it effectively, make sure you're covering the surface of both your hands with the sanitiser and continue rubbing it in until both your hands are dry.
When to use hand sanitiser
Hand sanitiser can help protect you from infection, but it isn't a miracle worker.
Trent Yarwood is an Infectious Diseases Physician and Senior Lecturer at James Cook University and The University of Queensland.
In an article for The Conversation, he said:
"Along with getting vaccinated and staying home if you're sick, washing your hands is the best defence against getting the flu. Installing hand rub in public areas won't solve this year's flu outbreak by itself. But it can be part of a bundle of strategies..."
So while using hand sanitiser can help you can fight potential infection – remember it's still much better to wash your hands with soap and water whenever possible.
How do I wash my hands properly?
According to the World Health Organisation, washing your hands properly should take as long as singing "Happy Birthday" twice - which is roughly 20 seconds. Make sure you use soap and warm water, and dry your hands thoroughly afterwards. You can click here for the full WHO guide.
Ask an Expert