How to buy Hammer Metals shares
Own Hammer Metals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Hammer Metals Limited is an other precious metals & mining business based in Australia. Hammer Metals shares (HMX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Hammer Metals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $89,907..
How to buy shares in Hammer Metals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Hammer Metals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: HMX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Hammer Metals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.089, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Hammer Metals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
Hammer Metals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of HMX stocks over time.
Hammer Metals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.009 - $0.105|
|50-day moving average||$0.0395|
|200-day moving average||$0.0427|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Hammer Metals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Hammer Metals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-18)||161.76%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||161.76%|
|3 months (2020-10-24)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||117.07%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||304.55%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||345.00%|
|3 years (2018-01-25)||61.82%|
|5 years (2016-01-24)||N/A|
Hammer Metals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$89,907|
|Return on assets TTM||-3.95%|
|Return on equity TTM||-12.87%|
|Market capitalisation||$65.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Hammer Metals share dividends
We're not expecting Hammer Metals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Hammer Metals 's shares ever split?
Hammer Metals 's shares were split on a 1:100 basis on 4 April 2014. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Hammer Metals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 9900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Hammer Metals shares which in turn could have impacted Hammer Metals 's share price.
Hammer Metals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Hammer Metals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.009 up to $0.105. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Hammer Metals 's is 0.5996. This would suggest that Hammer Metals 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Hammer Metals overview
Hammer Metals Limited engages in the exploration and extraction of mineral resources in Australia. It primarily explores for iron oxide, copper, and gold, as well as for lead, zinc, cobalt, silver, molybdenum, and rhenium ores. The company holds tenement position covering approximately 2,200 square kilometers within the Mount Isa mining district, with 100% interests in the Kalman deposit, the Overlander North and Overlander South deposits, and the Elaine-Dorothy deposit, as well as a 51% interest in the Jubilee deposit. It also holds a 100% interest in the Bronzewing South gold project located in the Yilgarn Province of Western Australia. The company was formerly known as Midas Resources Limited and changed its name to Hammer Metals Limited in April 2014. Hammer Metals Limited is based in Mount Lawley, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Hammer Metals units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Hammer Metals units | A$52.99
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Hammer Metals units | A$102.74
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Hammer Metals units | A$23.95
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Hammer Metals units | A$89.71
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Hammer Metals units | A$17.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Hammer Metals units | A$75.63
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Hammer Metals units | A$49.9
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Hammer Metals units | A$9.2
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert