GWA Group Limited is a furnishings, fixtures & appliances business based in Australia. GWA Group shares (GWA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. GWA Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $398.7 million.
How to buy shares in GWA Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for GWA Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GWA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until GWA Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of GWA Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
GWA Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GWA stocks over time.
GWA Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$2.25 - AUDA$4|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$2.5964|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$2.6847|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.07 (2.55%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.165|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy GWA Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is GWA Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing GWA Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of GWA Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
GWA Group's P/E ratio
GWA Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 16x. In other words, GWA Group shares trade at around 16x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
GWA Group's EBITDA
GWA Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $76.3 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a GWA Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
GWA Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$398.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||17.64%|
|Gross profit TTM||$161.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.28%|
|Return on equity TTM||15.49%|
|Market capitalisation||$736.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
GWA Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 106.06% of net profits
Recently GWA Group has paid out, on average, around 106.06% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 2.55% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), GWA Group shareholders could enjoy a 2.55% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In GWA Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.07 per share.
GWA Group's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 7 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have GWA Group's shares ever split?
GWA Group's shares were split on 2 June 2015. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your GWA Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new INF% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for GWA Group shares which in turn could have impacted GWA Group's share price.
GWA Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, GWA Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.25 up to $4. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while GWA Group's is 0.4301. This would suggest that GWA Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
GWA Group overview
GWA Group Limited researches, designs, manufactures, imports, markets, and distributes building fixtures and fittings to residential and commercial premises in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, China, and internationally. The company offers vitreous China toilet suites, basins, plastic cisterns, taps and showers, baths, kitchen sinks, laundry tubs, smart products, and bathroom accessories, as well as and domestic water control valves under the Caroma, Methven, Dorf, and Clark brands. GWA Group Limited was incorporated in 1992 and is headquartered in Pinkenba, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert