How to buy Great Western Exploration shares
Own Great Western Exploration shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Great Western Exploration Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Great Western Exploration shares (GTE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Great Western Exploration has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $98,318. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Great Western Exploration
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Great Western Exploration . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GTE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Great Western Exploration reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Great Western Exploration . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Great Western Exploration key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Great Western Exploration stock a buy or sell?
- Great Western Exploration performance over time
- Great Western Exploration 's financials
- How volatile are Great Western Exploration shares?
- Does Great Western Exploration pay a dividend?
- Have Great Western Exploration shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Great Western Exploration share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GTE stocks over time.
Great Western Exploration shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.075 - $0.325|
|50-day moving average||$0.1624|
|200-day moving average||$0.2273|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.001|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Great Western Exploration stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Great Western Exploration price performance over time
|1 week (2021-06-11)||3.45%|
|1 month (2021-05-21)||7.14%|
|3 months (2021-03-19)||-40.00%|
|6 months (2020-12-18)||-31.82%|
|1 year (2020-06-19)||80.72%|
|2 years (2019-06-20)||-50.00%|
|3 years (2018-06-20)||-72.22%|
|5 years (2016-06-20)||-87.50%|
Great Western Exploration financials
|Gross profit TTM||$18,471|
|Return on assets TTM||-10.66%|
|Return on equity TTM||-18.51%|
|Market capitalisation||$19.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Great Western Exploration share dividends
We're not expecting Great Western Exploration to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Great Western Exploration 's shares ever split?
Great Western Exploration 's shares were split on a 1:60 basis on 31 May 2020. So if you had owned 60 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Great Western Exploration shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 5900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Great Western Exploration shares which in turn could have impacted Great Western Exploration 's share price.
Great Western Exploration share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Great Western Exploration 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.075 up to $0.325. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Great Western Exploration 's is 0.5417. This would suggest that Great Western Exploration 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Great Western Exploration overview
Great Western Exploration Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration of mineral properties in Australia. It operates through Mineral Exploration, and Finance and Administration segments. The company primarily explores for gold, copper, nickel, and base metals. It holds 100% interests in the Finlayson Gold Target and Golden Corridor Project located in the northwest of the Kalgoorlie Terrane; the Atley Gold Project located in the Youanmi district; the Lake Way Potash Project that comprises an area of 415 square kilometers located near Wiluna; and the Yerrida South Project located in the Western Australia.The company also holds interest in the Yerrida North JV project; and the Yandal West gold project. Great Western Exploration Limited was incorporated in 2007 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Ask an Expert