How to buy Great Northern Minerals shares | A$0.019
Own Great Northern Minerals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Great Northern Minerals Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Great Northern Minerals shares (GNM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.019 – a decrease of 5% over the previous week. Great Northern Minerals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $125,000.
How to buy shares in Great Northern Minerals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Great Northern Minerals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GNM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Great Northern Minerals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.019, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Great Northern Minerals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Great Northern Minerals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Great Northern Minerals stock a buy or sell?
- Great Northern Minerals performance over time
- Great Northern Minerals 's financials
- How volatile are Great Northern Minerals shares?
- Does Great Northern Minerals pay a dividend?
- Have Great Northern Minerals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Great Northern Minerals 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Great Northern Minerals 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.019, which is 73.68% up on its pre-crash value of $0.005 and 375.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.004.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Great Northern Minerals shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $625.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,375.00.
Great Northern Minerals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GNM stocks over time.
Great Northern Minerals shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.019|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.004 - AUDA$0.028|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0207|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0163|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.03|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Great Northern Minerals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Great Northern Minerals price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-15)||-5.00%|
|1 month (2020-09-22)||-5.00%|
|3 months (2020-07-22)||0%|
|6 months (2020-04-22)||280.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-22)||90.00%|
|2 years (2018-10-22)||-52.50%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||-86.43%|
|5 years (2015-10-22)||-74.08%|
Great Northern Minerals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$125,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-77.95%|
|Return on equity TTM||-163.31%|
|Market capitalisation||$17.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Great Northern Minerals share dividends
We're not expecting Great Northern Minerals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Great Northern Minerals 's shares ever split?
Great Northern Minerals 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 21 October 2019. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Great Northern Minerals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Great Northern Minerals shares which in turn could have impacted Great Northern Minerals 's share price.
Great Northern Minerals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Great Northern Minerals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.004 up to $0.028. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Great Northern Minerals 's is 0.4446. This would suggest that Great Northern Minerals 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Great Northern Minerals overview
Great Northern Minerals Limited explores for and develops gold mineral properties. The company has 100% interests in the Golden Ant Project comprising Camel Creek, Golden Cup, and Big Rush. The company was formerly known as Greenpower Energy Limited and changed its name to Great Northern Minerals Limited in October 2019. Great Northern Minerals Limited was incorporated in 1899 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on finder
How to buy Great Northern Minerals shares | $12.24
Steps to owning and managing JetBlue Airways shares from Australia.
How to buy Great Northern Minerals shares | $13.93
Steps to owning and managing Azul SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Great Northern Minerals shares | $27.86
Steps to owning and managing Air Transport Services shares from Australia.
How to buy Great Northern Minerals shares | $7.17
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas shares from Australia.
How to buy Great Northern Minerals shares | $82.95
Steps to owning and managing Ryanair Holdings shares from Australia.
How to buy Great Northern Minerals shares | $132.56
Steps to owning and managing Allegiant Travel shares from Australia.
How to buy Great Northern Minerals shares | $8.32
Steps to owning and managing Controladora Vuela shares from Australia.
How to buy Great Northern Minerals shares | $7.17
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Ryanair Holdings plc shares | $82.95
Steps to owning and managing Ryanair Holdings plc shares from Australia.
Ask an Expert