We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Gold Road Resources Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Gold Road Resources shares (GOR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.4 – a decrease of 5.72% over the previous week. Gold Road Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $210.6 million.
How to buy shares in Gold Road Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Gold Road Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GOR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Gold Road Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.4, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Gold Road Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Gold Road Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Gold Road Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Gold Road Resources performance over time
- Are Gold Road Resources shares over-valued?
- Gold Road Resources's financials
- How volatile are Gold Road Resources shares?
- Does Gold Road Resources pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Gold Road Resources's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Gold Road Resources's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $1.4, which is 17.89% down on its pre-crash value of $1.705 and 73.91% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.805.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Gold Road Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $729.45 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $958.90.
Gold Road Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GOR stocks over time.
Gold Road Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.4|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.805 - AUDA$2.02|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.5383|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.6442|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.04|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Gold Road Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Gold Road Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-20)||-4.11%|
|1 month (2020-09-25)||-4.76%|
|3 months (2020-07-27)||-28.02%|
|6 months (2020-04-27)||-16.17%|
|1 year (2019-10-25)||18.64%|
|2 years (2018-10-26)||98.58%|
|3 years (2017-10-27)||107.41%|
|5 years (2015-10-27)||219.42%|
Is Gold Road Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Gold Road Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Gold Road Resources's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Gold Road Resources's P/E ratio
Gold Road Resources's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 36x. In other words, Gold Road Resources shares trade at around 36x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Gold Road Resources's EBITDA
Gold Road Resources's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $84.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Gold Road Resources's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Gold Road Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$210.6 million|
|Operating margin TTM||26.4%|
|Gross profit TTM||$33.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||5.97%|
|Return on equity TTM||10.31%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.3 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Gold Road Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Gold Road Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Gold Road Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Gold Road Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.805 up to $2.02. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Gold Road Resources's is 0.0283. This would suggest that Gold Road Resources's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Gold Road Resources overview
Gold Road Resources Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration and development of mineral properties in Western Australia. The company primarily explores for gold deposits. The company owns 50% of the Gruyere gold mine, which was developed in joint venture (JV) with Gold Fields Ltd. The Gruyere JV has mineral resources of 6.6 million ounces, including an ore reserve of 3.7 million ounces. It also controls 100% of tenements covering 4,500 km² across Yamarna with a mineral resource of 0.3 million ounces. The company was formerly known as Eleckra Mines Limited and changed its name to Gold Road Resources Limited in November 2010. Gold Road Resources Limited was founded in 2004 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert