How to buy Global Oil & Gas (GLV) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Global Oil & Gas shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Global Oil & Gas is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Global Oil & Gas shares (GLV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Global Oil & Gas has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2,000. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Global Oil & Gas
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Global Oil & Gas . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GLV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Global Oil & Gas reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Global Oil & Gas . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Global Oil & Gas key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Global Oil & Gas stock a buy or sell?
- Global Oil & Gas performance over time
- Global Oil & Gas 's financials
- How volatile are Global Oil & Gas shares?
- Does Global Oil & Gas pay a dividend?
- Have Global Oil & Gas shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Global Oil & Gas stock price (ASX:GLV)Use our graph to track the performance of GLV stocks over time.
Global Oil & Gas shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.003 - $0.04|
|50-day moving average||$0.0199|
|200-day moving average||$0.0245|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.003|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Global Oil & Gas stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Global Oil & Gas price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-23)||-25.00%|
|1 month (2022-06-01)||-83.33%|
|3 months (2022-04-01)||-89.66%|
|6 months (2021-12-31)||-86.96%|
|1 year (2021-07-01)||-84.21%|
|2 years (2020-07-01)||-72.73%|
|3 years (2019-07-01)||-75.00%|
|5 years (2017-06-30)||-75.00%|
Global Oil & Gas financials
|Gross profit TTM||$96,503|
|Return on assets TTM||-12.93%|
|Return on equity TTM||-21.12%|
|Market capitalisation||$6.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Global Oil & Gas share dividends
We're not expecting Global Oil & Gas to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Global Oil & Gas 's shares ever split?
Global Oil & Gas 's shares were split on a 1:12 basis on 27 May 2020. So if you had owned 12 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Global Oil & Gas shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1100% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Global Oil & Gas shares which in turn could have impacted Global Oil & Gas 's share price.
Global Oil & Gas share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Global Oil & Gas 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.003 up to $0.04. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Global Oil & Gas 's is -0.0263. This would suggest that Global Oil & Gas 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Global Oil & Gas has bucked the trend.
Global Oil & Gas overview
Global Oil & Gas Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the identification, exploration, and development of energy and resource assets in Australia. It holds a 100% interest in the Exploration Permit 127 located in the Southern Georgina Basin, Northern Territory. The company was formerly known as Global Vanadium Limited and changed its name to Global Oil & Gas Limited in December 2019. Global Oil & Gas Limited was incorporated in 2005 and is based in Subiaco, Australia.
Stocks similar to Global Oil & Gas
Global Oil & Gas in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
Ask an Expert