How to buy Global Oil & Gas shares | A$0.013
Own Global Oil & Gas shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Global Oil & Gas Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Global Oil & Gas shares (GLV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.013 – a decrease of 7.14% over the previous week. Global Oil & Gas has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $144,800.
How to buy shares in Global Oil & Gas
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Global Oil & Gas . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GLV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Global Oil & Gas reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.013, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Global Oil & Gas . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Global Oil & Gas key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Global Oil & Gas stock a buy or sell?
- Global Oil & Gas performance over time
- Global Oil & Gas 's financials
- How volatile are Global Oil & Gas shares?
- Does Global Oil & Gas pay a dividend?
- Have Global Oil & Gas shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Global Oil & Gas 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Global Oil & Gas 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.013, which is 92.31% up on its pre-crash value of $0.001 and 1,200.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.001.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Global Oil & Gas shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $666.67 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $8,666.67.
Global Oil & Gas share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GLV stocks over time.
Global Oil & Gas shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.013|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.001 - AUDA$0.021|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0166|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0105|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.001|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Global Oil & Gas stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Global Oil & Gas price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-23)||-7.14%|
|1 month (2020-10-01)||-18.75%|
|3 months (2020-07-31)||30.00%|
|6 months (2020-05-01)||1,200.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-31)||550.00%|
|2 years (2018-10-31)||225.00%|
|3 years (2017-10-31)||1,200.00%|
|5 years (2015-10-30)||550.00%|
Is Global Oil & Gas under- or over-valued?
Valuing Global Oil & Gas stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Global Oil & Gas 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Global Oil & Gas 's EBITDA
Global Oil & Gas 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2.3 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Global Oil & Gas 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Global Oil & Gas financials
|Gross profit TTM||$144,800|
|Return on assets TTM||-16.39%|
|Return on equity TTM||-24.86%|
|Market capitalisation||$5.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Global Oil & Gas share dividends
We're not expecting Global Oil & Gas to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Global Oil & Gas 's shares ever split?
Global Oil & Gas 's shares were split on a 1:12 basis on 26 May 2020. So if you had owned 12 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Global Oil & Gas shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1100% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Global Oil & Gas shares which in turn could have impacted Global Oil & Gas 's share price.
Global Oil & Gas share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Global Oil & Gas 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.001 up to $0.021. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Global Oil & Gas 's is 1.1336. This would suggest that Global Oil & Gas 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Global Oil & Gas overview
Global Oil & Gas Limited engages in the identification, exploration, and development of energy and resource assets in Australia. It holds a 100% interest in the Exploration Permit 127 located in the Southern Georgina Basin, Northern Territory. The company was formerly known as Global Vanadium Limited and changed its name to Global Oil & Gas Limited in December 2019. Global Oil & Gas Limited was incorporated in 2005 and is headquartered in Subiaco, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Youfoodz (GLV.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Youfoodz IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Hipages (GLV.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Hipages IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Global Oil & Gas shares | $56.73
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy Global Oil & Gas shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy Global Oil & Gas shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy Global Oil & Gas shares | $70.89
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy Global Oil & Gas shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Where to buy writing pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy writing pencils online in Australia.
Ask an Expert