How to buy Global Energy Ventures shares
Own Global Energy Ventures shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Global Energy Ventures Ltd is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Global Energy Ventures shares (GEV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Global Energy Ventures has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.5 million..
How to buy shares in Global Energy Ventures
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Global Energy Ventures . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GEV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Global Energy Ventures reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.095, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Global Energy Ventures . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Global Energy Ventures key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Global Energy Ventures stock a buy or sell?
- Global Energy Ventures performance over time
- Global Energy Ventures 's financials
- How volatile are Global Energy Ventures shares?
- Does Global Energy Ventures pay a dividend?
- Have Global Energy Ventures shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Global Energy Ventures share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GEV stocks over time.
Global Energy Ventures shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.043 - $0.165|
|50-day moving average||$0.0551|
|200-day moving average||$0.0587|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.019|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Global Energy Ventures stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Global Energy Ventures price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||9.20%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||23.38%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||-5.00%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||41.79%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||-34.48%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-45.71%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-78.89%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||-64.81%|
Global Energy Ventures financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$560,589|
|Return on assets TTM||-19.8%|
|Return on equity TTM||-32.4%|
|Market capitalisation||$38.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Global Energy Ventures share dividends
We're not expecting Global Energy Ventures to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Global Energy Ventures 's shares ever split?
Global Energy Ventures 's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 20 January 2017. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Global Energy Ventures shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Global Energy Ventures shares which in turn could have impacted Global Energy Ventures 's share price.
Global Energy Ventures share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Global Energy Ventures 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.043 up to $0.165. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Global Energy Ventures 's is 1.8966. This would suggest that Global Energy Ventures 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Global Energy Ventures overview
Global Energy Ventures Ltd. develops, builds, owns, and operates compressed natural gas (CNG) projects in the United States. It develops commercialization solutions for CNG in stranded gas fields. The company offers marine CNG transportation services through its 200MMscf CNG Optimum ship. It also invests in the exploration and development of oil and gas resources. The company was formerly known as TTE Petroleum Limited and changed its name to Global Energy Ventures Ltd. in January 2017. Global Energy Ventures Ltd. was incorporated in 2004 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Global Energy Ventures units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Global Energy Ventures units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Global Energy Ventures units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Global Energy Ventures units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Global Energy Ventures units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Global Energy Ventures units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Global Energy Ventures units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Global Energy Ventures units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Global Energy Ventures units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert