How to buy Gibb River Diamonds shares | A$0.14
Own Gibb River Diamonds shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Gibb River Diamonds Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Gibb River Diamonds shares (GIB) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.14 – an increase of 7.69% over the previous week. Gibb River Diamonds has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $230,101.
How to buy shares in Gibb River Diamonds
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Gibb River Diamonds . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GIB. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Gibb River Diamonds reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.14, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Gibb River Diamonds . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Gibb River Diamonds 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Gibb River Diamonds 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.14, which is 65.71% up on its pre-crash value of $0.048 and 566.67% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.021.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Gibb River Diamonds shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $511.11 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $3,111.11.
Gibb River Diamonds share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GIB stocks over time.
Gibb River Diamonds shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.14|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.016 - AUDA$0.235|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0702|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0505|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.005|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Gibb River Diamonds stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Gibb River Diamonds price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||3.70%|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||191.67%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||102.90%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||418.52%|
|1 year (2019-10-17)||382.76%|
|2 years (2018-10-18)||108.96%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||174.51%|
|5 years (2015-10-20)||600.00%|
Gibb River Diamonds financials
|Gross profit TTM||$230,101|
|Return on assets TTM||-9.88%|
|Return on equity TTM||-16.74%|
|Market capitalisation||$28.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Gibb River Diamonds share dividends
We're not expecting Gibb River Diamonds to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Gibb River Diamonds share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Gibb River Diamonds 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.016 up to $0.235. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Gibb River Diamonds 's is 2.6324. This would suggest that Gibb River Diamonds 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Gibb River Diamonds overview
Gibb River Diamonds Limited engages in the development and exploration of mineral properties in Australia. The company holds 100% interest in the Blina Diamond project that comprise four mining leases and two exploration leases covering an area of 161 square kilometers located in Kimberley Region, Western Australia. It also owns 100% interest in the Highland Plains Phosphate project situated in Northern Territory, Australia; and holds 20% interest in the Horse Well Gold project located in Western Australia, as well as has interest in the Edjudina Gold Project located in Western Australia. The company was formerly known as POZ Minerals Limited and changed its name to Gibb River Diamonds Limited in November 2018. Gibb River Diamonds Limited was incorporated in 2008 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert