How to buy Gibb River Diamonds (GIB) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Gibb River Diamonds shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Gibb River Diamonds Limited is an other precious metals & mining business based in Australia. Gibb River Diamonds shares (GIB) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Gibb River Diamonds has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $325,000. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Gibb River Diamonds
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Gibb River Diamonds . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GIB. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Gibb River Diamonds reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Gibb River Diamonds . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Gibb River Diamonds key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Gibb River Diamonds stock a buy or sell?
- Gibb River Diamonds performance over time
- Are Gibb River Diamonds shares over-valued?
- Gibb River Diamonds 's financials
- How volatile are Gibb River Diamonds shares?
- Does Gibb River Diamonds pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Gibb River Diamonds stock price (ASX:GIB)Use our graph to track the performance of GIB stocks over time.
Gibb River Diamonds shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.051 - $0.19|
|50-day moving average||$0.0838|
|200-day moving average||$0.0727|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.01|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Gibb River Diamonds stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Gibb River Diamonds price performance over time
|1 week (2021-12-01)||2.15%|
|1 month (2021-11-08)||7.95%|
|3 months (2021-09-08)||53.23%|
|6 months (2021-06-08)||43.94%|
|1 year (2020-12-08)||-42.42%|
|2 years (2019-12-06)||427.78%|
|3 years (2018-12-06)||90.00%|
|5 years (2016-12-06)||313.04%|
Is Gibb River Diamonds under- or over-valued?
Valuing Gibb River Diamonds stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Gibb River Diamonds 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Gibb River Diamonds 's P/E ratio
Gibb River Diamonds 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, Gibb River Diamonds shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Gibb River Diamonds 's EBITDA
Gibb River Diamonds 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2.1 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Gibb River Diamonds 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Gibb River Diamonds financials
|Operating margin TTM||620.47%|
|Gross profit TTM||$325,000|
|Return on assets TTM||21.26%|
|Return on equity TTM||34.36%|
|Market capitalisation||$19.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Gibb River Diamonds share dividends
We're not expecting Gibb River Diamonds to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Gibb River Diamonds share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Gibb River Diamonds 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.051 up to $0.19. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Gibb River Diamonds 's is 0.904. This would suggest that Gibb River Diamonds 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Gibb River Diamonds overview
Gibb River Diamonds Limited engages in the development and exploration of mineral properties in Australia. The company holds 100% interests in the Ellendale Diamond project located in Kimberley Region, Western Australia; and the Highland Plains Phosphate project situated in Northern Territory, Australia. It also holds a 20% interest in the Horse Well Gold project located to the north-east of Wiluna, Western Australia. In addition, it has an option to acquire a 100% interest in the Edjudina Gold project situated in the Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia. The company was formerly known as POZ Minerals Limited and changed its name to Gibb River Diamonds Limited in November 2018. Gibb River Diamonds Limited was incorporated in 2008 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Gibb River Diamonds
Gibb River Diamonds in the news
Gibb River Diamonds : Notification regarding unquoted securities - GIB
AGM Presentation 2021 - Amended
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
The best products to achieve the clean beauty look
From where the no-makeup makeup look meets the model off duty vibe, we've put together a range of no-fuss products you'll love.
Where to watch Moulin Rouge! online in Australia
Every man wanted her – 1 man dared to love her.
How to watch Man United vs Arsenal Premier League live and match preview
Manchester United are scrambling to stay in touch with the top 4 as they host Arsenal this week
12-day advent calendars you can still get before Christmas
From toys to socks to beauty items, these are the top 12-day advent calendars you can still enjoy in the lead up to Christmas.
McDonald’s (MCD) share price, company profile and news
Steps to owning and managing McDonald's shares from in Australia.
Reputation & Christmas parties: Why I won’t be having a festive celebration this year
Reputation + Christmas parties: could it be the potential volcano erupting leaving rands, families and individuals to deal with the fallout?
Pay-as-you-groan: On-demand insurance that pays you $2K for a broken arm
Insurtech Flip has shaken up the insurance industry by launching the first on-demand injury cover in the country.
How to invest in the Qualitas Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Qualitas Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the WA1 Resources IPO
Everything we know about the WA1 Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert