How to buy Geopacific Resources shares | A$0.6
Own Geopacific Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Geopacific Resources Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Geopacific Resources shares (GPR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.6 – a decrease of 6.25% over the previous week. Geopacific Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $93,750.
How to buy shares in Geopacific Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Geopacific Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GPR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Geopacific Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.6, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Geopacific Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Geopacific Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Geopacific Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Geopacific Resources performance over time
- Geopacific Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Geopacific Resources shares?
- Does Geopacific Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Geopacific Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Geopacific Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Geopacific Resources 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.6, which is 21.67% up on its pre-crash value of $0.47 and 179.07% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.215.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Geopacific Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $568.18 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,363.64.
Geopacific Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GPR stocks over time.
Geopacific Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.6|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.205 - AUDA$0.745|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.5938|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.4845|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.025|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Geopacific Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Geopacific Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||-7.69%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||1.69%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||9.09%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||53.85%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-14.29%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-4.00%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||-14.29%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||-52.00%|
Geopacific Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$93,750|
|Return on assets TTM||-6.27%|
|Return on equity TTM||-14.11%|
|Market capitalisation||$112 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Geopacific Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Geopacific Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Geopacific Resources 's shares ever split?
Geopacific Resources 's shares were split on a 1:25 basis on 11 December 2019. So if you had owned 25 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Geopacific Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 2400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Geopacific Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Geopacific Resources 's share price.
Geopacific Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Geopacific Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.205 up to $0.745. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Geopacific Resources 's is 2.5591. This would suggest that Geopacific Resources 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Geopacific Resources overview
Geopacific Resources Limited engages in the exploration and development of gold and copper deposits in Papua New Guinea and Cambodia. It holds interest in the Woodlark gold project located in Papua New Guinea. The company was incorporated in 1986 and is headquartered in Claremont, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert