How to buy Genetic Technologies (GTG) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Genetic Technologies shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Genetic Technologies Limited is a diagnostics & research business based in Australia. Genetic Technologies shares (GTG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Genetic Technologies has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $120,554. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Genetic Technologies
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Genetic Technologies . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GTG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Genetic Technologies reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Genetic Technologies . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Genetic Technologies key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Genetic Technologies stock a buy or sell?
- Genetic Technologies performance over time
- Genetic Technologies 's financials
- How volatile are Genetic Technologies shares?
- Does Genetic Technologies pay a dividend?
- Have Genetic Technologies shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Genetic Technologies stock price (ASX:GTG)Use our graph to track the performance of GTG stocks over time.
Genetic Technologies shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.005 - $0.014|
|50-day moving average||$0.0067|
|200-day moving average||$0.008|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.001|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Genetic Technologies stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Genetic Technologies price performance over time
|1 week (2021-12-02)||-16.67%|
|1 month (2021-11-09)||-16.67%|
|3 months (2021-09-09)||-37.50%|
|6 months (2021-06-09)||-37.50%|
|1 year (2020-12-09)||-28.57%|
|2 years (2019-12-09)||11.11%|
|3 years (2018-12-07)||-40.48%|
|5 years (2016-12-09)||-58.68%|
Genetic Technologies financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-240,473|
|Return on assets TTM||-27.88%|
|Return on equity TTM||-39.85%|
|Market capitalisation||$55.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Genetic Technologies share dividends
We're not expecting Genetic Technologies to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Genetic Technologies 's shares ever split?
Genetic Technologies 's shares were split on 28 December 1994.
Genetic Technologies share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Genetic Technologies 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.005 up to $0.014. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Genetic Technologies 's is 0.8582. This would suggest that Genetic Technologies 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Genetic Technologies overview
Genetic Technologies Limited, a molecular diagnostics company, provides predictive testing and assessment tools to help physicians manage women's health in Australia and the United States. The company's lead product is the BREVAGenplus, a clinically validated risk assessment test for non-hereditary breast cancer. It also markets BREVAGenplus to healthcare professionals in breast health care and imaging centers, as well as to obstetricians/gynecologists and breast cancer risk assessment specialists, such as breast surgeons. In addition, the company offers various cancer risk assessment tests under the GeneType for Colorectal Cancer and GeneType for Breast Cancer brand names; and develops other risk assessment tests across a range of diseases, which include cardiovascular, type 2 diabetes, prostate cancer, and melanoma. Further, it offers genetic testing services, including medical, animal, forensic, and plant testing. The company has research and collaboration agreements with the University of Melbourne, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering New York Cambridge University, the Ohio State University, and Shivom. Genetic Technologies Limited was incorporated in 1987 and is headquartered in Fitzroy, Australia.
Stocks similar to Genetic Technologies
Genetic Technologies in the news
Genetic Technologies : GTG Annual General Meeting Presentation
Notification regarding unquoted securities - GTG
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to watch ER online in Australia
The emergency room is no place for the faint of heart.
Hands-on Binance tutorial for beginners (2021/22)
We run through how you buy and trade cryptocurrencies on the Binance exchange.
Ethereum within 2% of new all-time-high price as another global brand adopts NFTs
The past 7 days have seen ETH iron out its recent volatility-induced losses.
Bitcoin’s stagnation is alarming and could be followed by more bearish price action
The last 30-days have seen BTC register substantial losses of over 10%.
Australia’s best weekend deals for December 3, 2021
Australia's best weekend deals include 50% off at BCF, half-price ASICS shoes at Foot Locker, 80% off hot fashion at Nasty Gal.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: $130 off Philips air fryers, $250 off Apple AirPods Max, 50% off at Myer.
What’s the last day you can shop online for Christmas? Retail cut-off dates
Here are the Christmas delivery cut-off dates for 50 major Australian retailers.
Kayo Sports for $2.50 a month: Grab this limited deal here
Kayo Sports, Australia's leading sports streaming platform, is offering a ridiculous deal for a short time.
Alphabet (GOOGL) share price, company profile and news
Steps to owning and managing Alphabet shares from in Australia.
Ask an Expert