How to buy Generation Development Group shares | A$0.695
Own Generation Development Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Generation Development Group Limited is a financial conglomerates business based in Australia. Generation Development Group shares (GDG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.695 – a decrease of 2.8% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $124 million.
How to buy shares in Generation Development Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Generation Development Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GDG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Generation Development Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.695, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Generation Development Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Generation Development Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Generation Development Group stock a buy or sell?
- Generation Development Group performance over time
- Are Generation Development Group shares over-valued?
- Generation Development Group 's financials
- How volatile are Generation Development Group shares?
- Does Generation Development Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Generation Development Group 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Generation Development Group 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.695, which is 17.75% down on its pre-crash value of $0.845 and 54.44% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.45.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Generation Development Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $529.41 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $817.65.
Generation Development Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GDG stocks over time.
Generation Development Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.695|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.45 - AUDA$0.905|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.7669|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.7066|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.02 (2.74%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.026|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Generation Development Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Generation Development Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-19)||-3.47%|
|1 month (2020-09-25)||-7.33%|
|3 months (2020-07-24)||-0.71%|
|6 months (2020-04-24)||4.51%|
|1 year (2019-10-25)||-4.79%|
|2 years (2018-10-26)||-29.08%|
|3 years (2017-10-26)||-23.63%|
|5 years (2015-10-26)||69.51%|
Is Generation Development Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Generation Development Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Generation Development Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Generation Development Group 's P/E ratio
Generation Development Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 19x. In other words, Generation Development Group shares trade at around 19x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Generation Development Group 's EBITDA
Generation Development Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $28.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Generation Development Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Generation Development Group financials
|Operating margin TTM||60.8%|
|Gross profit TTM||$-942,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.86%|
|Return on equity TTM||-8.61%|
|Market capitalisation||$124 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Generation Development Group share dividends
We're not expecting Generation Development Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Generation Development Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Generation Development Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.45 up to $0.905. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Generation Development Group 's is 1.4698. This would suggest that Generation Development Group 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Generation Development Group overview
Generation Development Group Limited manages and markets life insurance and life investment products and services to the retail sector in Australia. It offers investment bond product solutions; and administration services, including unit pricing, fund valuation, investment and fund accounting, fund administration, and business registry. The company was formerly known as Austock Group Limited and changed its name to Generation Development Group Limited in March 2018. Generation Development Group Limited was founded in 1991 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Where to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One consoles online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One chargers online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox One cables online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 remotes online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 racing wheels online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 headsets online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 games online in Australia.
Where to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia
A list of stores to buy Xbox 360 gamepads & standard controllers online in Australia.
Ask an Expert