How to buy GDI Property Group shares | A$1.12
Own GDI Property Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
GDI Property Group is a reit—office business based in Australia. GDI Property Group shares (GDI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.12 – an increase of 4.19% over the previous week. GDI Property Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $70.3 million.
How to buy shares in GDI Property Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for GDI Property Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GDI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until GDI Property Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.12, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of GDI Property Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- GDI Property Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is GDI Property Group stock a buy or sell?
- GDI Property Group performance over time
- Are GDI Property Group shares over-valued?
- GDI Property Group's financials
- How volatile are GDI Property Group shares?
- Does GDI Property Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted GDI Property Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, GDI Property Group's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $1.12, which is 27.27% down on its pre-crash value of $1.54 and 37.42% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.815.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of GDI Property Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $570.04 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $729.65.
GDI Property Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GDI stocks over time.
GDI Property Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.12|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.815 - AUDA$1.58|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.0483|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.0636|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.08 (7.24%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy GDI Property Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
GDI Property Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||4.67%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||7.18%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||2.75%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||8.21%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-27.74%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-17.34%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||-5.08%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||25.84%|
Is GDI Property Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing GDI Property Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of GDI Property Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
GDI Property Group's P/E ratio
GDI Property Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, GDI Property Group shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
GDI Property Group's EBITDA
GDI Property Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $37.9 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a GDI Property Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
GDI Property Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$70.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||53.92%|
|Gross profit TTM||$51.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.65%|
|Return on equity TTM||8.88%|
|Market capitalisation||$588.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
GDI Property Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 59.62% of net profits
Recently GDI Property Group has paid out, on average, around 59.62% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 7.24% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), GDI Property Group shareholders could enjoy a 7.24% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In GDI Property Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.08 per share.
GDI Property Group's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 June 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
GDI Property Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, GDI Property Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.815 up to $1.58. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while GDI Property Group's is 0.7014. This would suggest that GDI Property Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
GDI Property Group overview
GDI Property Group (GDI) is an ASX listed property owner and fund manager. We have a proud history of delivering strong returns to investors for over 25 years. Our Board and employees are passionate about property and about funds management. We aim to continue to grow the wealth of our investors, provide exceptional accommodation to our customers and be a highly respected brand in our community. Our success has been founded on a sound investment philosophy of buying well, managing well and selling well.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert