GUD Holdings Limited is a specialty industrial machinery business based in Australia. G.U.D. Holdings shares (GUD) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $11.26 – an increase of 8.48% over the previous week. G.U.D. Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $438 million.
How to buy shares in G.U.D. Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for G.U.D. Holdings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: GUD. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until G.U.D. Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $11.26, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of G.U.D. Holdings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- G.U.D. Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is G.U.D. Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- G.U.D. Holdings performance over time
- Are G.U.D. Holdings shares over-valued?
- G.U.D. Holdings's financials
- How volatile are G.U.D. Holdings shares?
- Does G.U.D. Holdings pay a dividend?
- Have G.U.D. Holdings shares ever split?
- Other common questions
G.U.D. Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of GUD stocks over time.
G.U.D. Holdings shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$11.26|
|52-week range||AUDA$7.12 - AUDA$12.8|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$11.3439|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$10.4456|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.24 (2.25%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.5|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy G.U.D. Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
G.U.D. Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||9.64%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-2.68%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||1.62%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||33.73%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||11.15%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-22.18%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||3.30%|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||31.70%|
Is G.U.D. Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing G.U.D. Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of G.U.D. Holdings's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
G.U.D. Holdings's P/E ratio
G.U.D. Holdings's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 21x. In other words, G.U.D. Holdings shares trade at around 21x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
G.U.D. Holdings's EBITDA
G.U.D. Holdings's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $85.1 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a G.U.D. Holdings's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
G.U.D. Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$438 million|
|Operating margin TTM||18.43%|
|Gross profit TTM||$203 million|
|Return on assets TTM||8.41%|
|Return on equity TTM||15.79%|
|Market capitalisation||$954.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
G.U.D. Holdings share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 112% of net profits
Recently G.U.D. Holdings has paid out, on average, around 112% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 2.25% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), G.U.D. Holdings shareholders could enjoy a 2.25% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In G.U.D. Holdings's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.24 per share.
G.U.D. Holdings's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 12 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have G.U.D. Holdings's shares ever split?
G.U.D. Holdings's shares were split on 14 March 1995.
G.U.D. Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, G.U.D. Holdings's shares have ranged in value from as little as $7.12 up to $12.8. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while G.U.D. Holdings's is 0.8789. This would suggest that G.U.D. Holdings's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
G.U.D. Holdings overview
GUD Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and importation, distribution, and sale of automotive products, pumps, pool and spa systems, and water pressure systems in Australia, New Zealand, and France. It operates through Automotive and Davey segments. The company offers automotive and heavy-duty filters for cars, trucks, and agricultural and mining equipment; and fuel pumps and associated products for the automotive after-market. It also provides pumping, water conservation, and water treatment products for urban, rural, irrigation, and commercial applications; domestic and commercial swimming pool products, including salt water chlorinators, pumps, filters, heaters, and pool accessories; and spa bath and spa pool pumps, controllers, heaters, filters, and water treatment products. GUD Holdings Limited was incorporated in 1958 and is based in Altona North, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert