How to buy Frontier Digital Ventures shares | A$1.33
Own Frontier Digital Ventures shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Frontier Digital Ventures Limited is an internet content & information business based in Australia. Frontier Digital Ventures shares (FDV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.33 – a decrease of 5% over the previous week. Frontier Digital Ventures has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $16.4 million.
How to buy shares in Frontier Digital Ventures
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Frontier Digital Ventures . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: FDV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Frontier Digital Ventures reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.33, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Frontier Digital Ventures . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Frontier Digital Ventures key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Frontier Digital Ventures stock a buy or sell?
- Frontier Digital Ventures performance over time
- Are Frontier Digital Ventures shares over-valued?
- Frontier Digital Ventures 's financials
- How volatile are Frontier Digital Ventures shares?
- Does Frontier Digital Ventures pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Frontier Digital Ventures 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Frontier Digital Ventures 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $1.33, which is 16.92% up on its pre-crash value of $1.105 and 141.82% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.55.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Frontier Digital Ventures shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $610.33 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,248.83.
Frontier Digital Ventures share priceUse our graph to track the performance of FDV stocks over time.
Frontier Digital Ventures shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.33|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.55 - AUDA$1.605|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.2728|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.0295|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.022|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Frontier Digital Ventures stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Frontier Digital Ventures price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-23)||0.38%|
|1 month (2020-10-01)||2.31%|
|3 months (2020-07-31)||18.22%|
|6 months (2020-05-01)||43.78%|
|1 year (2019-10-31)||62.20%|
|2 years (2018-10-31)||144.04%|
|3 years (2017-10-31)||106.07%|
|5 years (2015-10-27)||N/A|
Is Frontier Digital Ventures under- or over-valued?
Valuing Frontier Digital Ventures stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Frontier Digital Ventures 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Frontier Digital Ventures 's P/E ratio
Frontier Digital Ventures 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 81x. In other words, Frontier Digital Ventures shares trade at around 81x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Frontier Digital Ventures financials
|Revenue TTM||$16.4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$3.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-8.18%|
|Return on equity TTM||7.4%|
|Market capitalisation||$499.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Frontier Digital Ventures share dividends
We're not expecting Frontier Digital Ventures to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Frontier Digital Ventures share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Frontier Digital Ventures 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.55 up to $1.605. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Frontier Digital Ventures 's is 1.5143. This would suggest that Frontier Digital Ventures 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Frontier Digital Ventures overview
Frontier Digital Ventures Limited is a private equity firm specializing in investing and developing online classifieds business in emerging markets. The firm prefers to invest in property and automotive verticals and general classifieds/marketplace websites. Frontier Digital Ventures Limited was founded in May 2014 and is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with an additional office in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Frontier Digital Ventures shares | $56.73
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy Frontier Digital Ventures shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy Frontier Digital Ventures shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy Frontier Digital Ventures shares | $70.89
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy Frontier Digital Ventures shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Where to buy writing pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy writing pencils online in Australia.
Where to buy wrapper & band sorter racks online in Australia
A list of stores to buy wrapper & band sorter racks online in Australia.
Where to buy wooden lead pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy wooden lead pencils online in Australia.
Ask an Expert