How to buy Flagship Investments shares | A$2.1
Own Flagship Investments shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Flagship Investments Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Flagship Investments shares (FSI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $2.1 – an increase of 1.45% over the previous week. Flagship Investments has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.2 million.
How to buy shares in Flagship Investments
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Flagship Investments . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: FSI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Flagship Investments reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.1, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Flagship Investments . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Flagship Investments key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Flagship Investments stock a buy or sell?
- Flagship Investments performance over time
- Are Flagship Investments shares over-valued?
- Flagship Investments 's financials
- How volatile are Flagship Investments shares?
- Does Flagship Investments pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Flagship Investments 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Flagship Investments 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $2.1, which is 6.19% up on its pre-crash value of $1.97 and 54.41% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $1.36.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Flagship Investments shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $717.95 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,076.92.
Flagship Investments share priceUse our graph to track the performance of FSI stocks over time.
Flagship Investments shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$2.1|
|52-week range||AUDA$1.36 - AUDA$2.1|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.9804|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.7878|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.06 (3.02%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.019|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Flagship Investments stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Flagship Investments price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||1.45%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||5.00%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||13.51%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||32.08%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||13.51%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||16.02%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||25.00%|
|5 years (2015-10-20)||42.86%|
Is Flagship Investments under- or over-valued?
Valuing Flagship Investments stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Flagship Investments 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Flagship Investments 's P/E ratio
Flagship Investments 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 107x. In other words, Flagship Investments shares trade at around 107x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Flagship Investments financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||27.69%|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||0.36%|
|Return on equity TTM||0.95%|
|Market capitalisation||$52.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Flagship Investments share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 112.5% of net profits
Recently Flagship Investments has paid out, on average, around 112.5% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.02% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Flagship Investments shareholders could enjoy a 3.02% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Flagship Investments 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.06 per share.
Flagship Investments 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 1 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Flagship Investments share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Flagship Investments 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.36 up to $2.1. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Flagship Investments 's is 0.7365. This would suggest that Flagship Investments 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Flagship Investments overview
Flagship Investments Limited is a close ended equity mutual fund launched and managed by EC. Pohl & Company. The fund invests in the public equity markets across the globe. It invests in stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. The fund employs a combination of fundamental and quantitative analysis with a focus on factors such as management stability, organic growth, sustainable competitive, and financial statements to build its portfolio. It benchmarks the performance of its portfolio against the All Ordinaries Index. The fund was formerly known as Hyperion Flagship Investments Limited. Flagship Investments Limited was formed in April, 1998 and is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert