We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Fisher & Paykel share price
Fisher & Paykel dividend
11.482 cents (latest)
- Full name: Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corp Ltd
- ASX ticker code: ASX:FPH
- Industry: Medical Specialties
- Date listed on ASX: 2001
- Market cap: 17.01b (April 3, 2020)
- CEO: Lewis George Gradon
- Key competitors: ResMed, Amico, Allied Healthcare Products, Precision Medical
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare (FPH) is a designer and manufacturer of medical device products used to treat respiratory illness and sleep apnea. Headquartered in New Zealand, it also operates through North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific.
Fisher & Paykel stock profile
FPH is a dividend Health Technology sector stock that is listed on the ASX and holds a position on the S&P/ASX200 index of Australia's 200 largest companies by market capitalisation. Since the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, there has been heightened interest in Fisher & Paykel Healthcare stocks because of the expected increase in demand for its products.
- Share price rise. Fisher & Paykel Healthcare's share price has jumped by more than 90% in the 12 months to April 3, 2020, and it could continue its bull run following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dividend FPH pays an unfranked annual dividend of $0.24 per share as of 2019.
- Financials. In March. 2020, FPH upgraded its full year earnings report forecast with adjusted net profit after tax to sit in the range of NZ$260M in profits to NZ$270M.
- Hype. Its recent share price bull run has been largely off the back of the COVID-19 crisis which means it could drop once the pandemic ends
- Price to earnings. Fisher and Paykel has historically had a relatively high price to earnings ratio suggesting to some that it could be overpriced.
Should I buy FPH?
Technical analysis is used in finance to forecast the direction of prices by studying the past movements of markets. This is not a recommendation, it represents an analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
How to buy Fisher & Paykel Healthcare shares
- Choose a share trading platform. In order to buy shares listed in Australia you'll need to open an account with a broker that offers ASX-listed shares. Our table below can help you choose.
- Open your account. You'll need your ID, bank details and tax file number.
- Confirm your payment details. You'll need to fund your account with a bank transfer, debit card or credit card.
- Find the shares you want to buy. Search the platform for Fisher & Paykel Healthcare (ASX:FPH) shares and place a buy order. It's that simple.
When you successfully purchase shares, you'll receive a confirmation note from the broker, and the money will be taken out of your cash account. For more information about buying stocks, you can read our guide on how to buy shares.
Compare share trading accounts to buy Fisher & Paykel Healthcare shares
Important: Share trading can be financially risky and the value of your investment can go down as well as up. “Standard brokerage” fee is the cost to trade $1,000 or less of ASX-listed shares and ETFs without any qualifications or special eligibility. If ASX shares aren’t available, the fee shown is for US shares. Where both CHESS sponsored and custodian shares are offered, we display the cheapest option.
Or, if you're interested in buying shares in popular global brands like Netflix, Amazon or Apple, we have a handy guide for that, too.
Disclaimer: This information should not be interpreted as an endorsement of futures, stocks, ETFs, options or any specific provider, service or offering. It should not be relied upon as advice or construed as providing recommendations of any kind. Futures, stocks, ETFs and options trading involves substantial risk of loss and therefore are not appropriate for all investors. Past performance is not an indication of future results. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before making any trades.
More guides on Finder
The importance of diversifying your share portfolio
Taking a deep dive into how costly it could be to put all your eggs in one basket.
How to start a fridge repair business
What you need to know about starting a fridge repair business in Australia.
How to start a cheese shop
Here are the key things you'll need to know before your cheese company is ready to start operating.
How to buy shares for children
Here is the essential info you need to know about investing in the stock market for your children.
How to save at Jeffree Star Cosmetics this Black Friday
Want to save up to 40% off at Jeffree Star Cosmetics? This is everything you need to know.
How much does trauma insurance cost?
Everything you need to know about the cost of trauma insurance.
Free intellectual property agreement template (Australia)
Intellectual property agreements protect your business when buying, selling or transferring IP. Here’s what you need to know about these agreements and where to find templates.
How to invest in the Ant Group IPO
Everything you need to know about this highly anticipated Chinese IPO.
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 4: Make your savings and investments work harder for you
This is the final week of our 4-week financial fitness challenge, where we help you understand your savings, super and investments.
How to invest in the MyDeal IPO
The online retailer is expected to raise $40 million as it launches onto the ASX. Here's what you need to know.
Ask an Expert