How to buy First Au shares
Own First Au shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
First Au Limited is a gold business based in Australia. First Au shares (FAU) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. First Au has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $13,120..
How to buy shares in First Au
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for First Au . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: FAU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until First Au reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.028, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of First Au . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
First Au share priceUse our graph to track the performance of FAU stocks over time.
First Au shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.004 - $0.023|
|50-day moving average||$0.0179|
|200-day moving average||$0.0146|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.012|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy First Au stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
First Au price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||55.56%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||64.71%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||33.33%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||154.55%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||64.71%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-53.33%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||-46.15%|
First Au financials
|Gross profit TTM||$13,120|
|Return on assets TTM||-42.89%|
|Return on equity TTM||-72.64%|
|Market capitalisation||$10.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
First Au share dividends
We're not expecting First Au to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have First Au 's shares ever split?
First Au 's shares were split on a 4:1 basis on 21 November 2003. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 4 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your First Au shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 75% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for First Au shares which in turn could have impacted First Au 's share price.
First Au share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, First Au 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.004 up to $0.023. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while First Au 's is 1.0407. This would suggest that First Au 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
First Au overview
First Au Limited explores for gold and base metals in Western Australia's Goldfields and Pilbara. The company holds 100% interests in the Gimlet gold project located to the north west of Kalgoorlie, Western Australia; and the Talga project comprising 5 granted exploration licenses that covers approximately 62 blocks located in the East Pilbara. It also holds an option to acquire an 85% interest in granted exploration license EL 5505 and prospecting license application PL 007319 located in East Gippsland, Victoria. The company was formerly known as Public Holdings (Australia) Limited and changed its name to First Au Limited in June 2018. The company was incorporated in 1960 and is based in Balwyn, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy First Au units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy First Au units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy First Au units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy First Au units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy First Au units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy First Au units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy First Au units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy First Au units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy First Au units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert