How to buy Fenix Resources shares | A$0.155
Own Fenix Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Fenix Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Fenix Resources shares (FEX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.155 – an increase of 6.9% over the previous week. Fenix Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $7,500.
How to buy shares in Fenix Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Fenix Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: FEX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Fenix Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.155, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Fenix Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Fenix Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Fenix Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Fenix Resources performance over time
- Are Fenix Resources shares over-valued?
- Fenix Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Fenix Resources shares?
- Does Fenix Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Fenix Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Fenix Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Fenix Resources 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.155, which is 69.03% up on its pre-crash value of $0.048 and 474.07% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.027.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Fenix Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $634.62 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,980.77.
Fenix Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of FEX stocks over time.
Fenix Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.155|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.027 - AUDA$0.195|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.1421|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0968|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.017|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Fenix Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Fenix Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-23)||0%|
|1 month (2020-10-01)||14.81%|
|3 months (2020-07-31)||112.33%|
|6 months (2020-05-01)||222.92%|
|1 year (2019-10-31)||176.79%|
|2 years (2018-10-27)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-10-31)||106.67%|
|5 years (2015-10-30)||55.00%|
Is Fenix Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Fenix Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Fenix Resources 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Fenix Resources 's P/E ratio
Fenix Resources 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 1550x. In other words, Fenix Resources shares trade at around 1550x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Fenix Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-9.88%|
|Return on equity TTM||-16.31%|
|Market capitalisation||$60.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Fenix Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Fenix Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Fenix Resources 's shares ever split?
Fenix Resources 's shares were split on a 1:5 basis on 11 September 2018. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Fenix Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Fenix Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Fenix Resources 's share price.
Fenix Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Fenix Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.027 up to $0.195. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Fenix Resources 's is 2.7703. This would suggest that Fenix Resources 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Fenix Resources overview
Fenix Resources Limited engages in the exploration of mineral tenements in Western Australia. The company's flagship property is the 100% owned Iron Ridge project located in Perth. It also explores for vanadium and manganese deposits. The company was formerly known as Emergent Resources Limited. Fenix Resources Limited was incorporated in 2007 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Youfoodz (FEX.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Youfoodz IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Hipages (FEX.AU) IPO
Everything we know about the Hipages IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy the US Vegan Climate ETF | N/AN/A
Steps to owning and managing buy US Vegan Climate ETF units.
How to buy Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares | A$0.023
Steps to owning and managing Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies shares from Australia.
How to buy Fenix Resources shares | $56.73
Steps to owning and managing Bunge Ltd shares from Australia.
How to buy Fenix Resources shares | $37.47
Steps to owning and managing Conagra Brands shares from Australia.
How to buy Fenix Resources shares | $67.1
Steps to owning and managing Kellogg Company shares from Australia.
How to buy Fenix Resources shares | $70.89
Steps to owning and managing Ingredion shares from Australia
How to buy Fenix Resources shares | $59.71
Steps to owning and managing Tyson Foods shares from Australia.
Where to buy writing pencils online in Australia
A list of stores to buy writing pencils online in Australia.
Ask an Expert