How to buy Evolve Education Group (EVO) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Evolve Education Group shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Evolve Education Group Limited is an education & training services business based in Australia. Evolve Education Group shares (EVO) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Evolve Education Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $136.9 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Evolve Education Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Evolve Education Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EVO. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Evolve Education Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Evolve Education Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Evolve Education Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Evolve Education Group stock a buy or sell?
- Evolve Education Group performance over time
- Are Evolve Education Group shares over-valued?
- Evolve Education Group 's financials
- How volatile are Evolve Education Group shares?
- Does Evolve Education Group pay a dividend?
- Have Evolve Education Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Evolve Education Group stock price (ASX:EVO)Use our graph to track the performance of EVO stocks over time.
Evolve Education Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.688 - $1.48|
|50-day moving average||$0.7831|
|200-day moving average||$1.0717|
|Dividend yield||$0.014 (1.9%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.068|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Evolve Education Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Evolve Education Group price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-02)||1.79%|
|3 months (2021-04-30)||-22.62%|
|1 year (2020-07-29)||inf%|
|2 years (2019-07-29)||inf%|
|3 years (2018-07-29)||inf%|
|5 years (2016-07-29)||inf%|
Is Evolve Education Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Evolve Education Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Evolve Education Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Evolve Education Group 's P/E ratio
Evolve Education Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 11x. In other words, Evolve Education Group shares trade at around 11x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Evolve Education Group 's EBITDA
Evolve Education Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $33.2 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Evolve Education Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Evolve Education Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$136.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||22.31%|
|Gross profit TTM||$123 million|
|Return on assets TTM||4.61%|
|Return on equity TTM||-5.53%|
|Market capitalisation||$116.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Evolve Education Group share dividends
We're not expecting Evolve Education Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Evolve Education Group 's shares ever split?
Evolve Education Group 's shares were split on a 1:8 basis on 14 December 2020. So if you had owned 8 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Evolve Education Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 700% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Evolve Education Group shares which in turn could have impacted Evolve Education Group 's share price.
Evolve Education Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Evolve Education Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.688 up to $1.48. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Evolve Education Group 's is 2.6868. This would suggest that Evolve Education Group 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Evolve Education Group overview
Evolve Education Group Limited provides early childhood education (ECE) services in New Zealand and Australia. The company operates and manages ECE centers. It operates approximately 126 center-based ECE facilities under the Lollipops, Cubby Care, Active Explorers, Learning Adventures, Little Earth Montessori, Little Lights, Little Wonders, and Pascals brand names. The company was incorporated in 2014 and is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Evolve Education Group in the news
Does The Market Have A Low Tolerance For Evolve Education Group Limited's (NZSE:EVO) Mixed Fundamentals?
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert