Estia Health Limited is a medical care facilities business based in Australia. Estia Health shares (EHE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.39 – a decrease of 4.14% over the previous week. Estia Health has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $636.9 million.
How to buy shares in Estia Health
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Estia Health. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EHE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Estia Health reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.39, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Estia Health. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Estia Health's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Estia Health's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $1.39, which is 40.85% down on its pre-crash value of $2.35 and 53.59% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.905.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Estia Health shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $370.91 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $569.68.
Estia Health share priceUse our graph to track the performance of EHE stocks over time.
Estia Health shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.39|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.905 - AUDA$2.93|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.4837|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.461|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.13 (9.1%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.132|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Estia Health stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Estia Health price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||-1.42%|
|1 month (2020-08-24)||-13.66%|
|3 months (2020-06-20)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||53.59%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-47.15%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||-42.32%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||-54.87%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-78.10%|
Is Estia Health under- or over-valued?
Valuing Estia Health stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Estia Health's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Estia Health's P/E ratio
Estia Health's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 11x. In other words, Estia Health shares trade at around 11x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Estia Health's EBITDA
Estia Health's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $120.6 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Estia Health's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Estia Health financials
|Revenue TTM||$636.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||13.73%|
|Gross profit TTM||$161.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.9%|
|Return on equity TTM||-17.06%|
|Market capitalisation||$368.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Estia Health share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 119.97% of net profits
Recently Estia Health has paid out, on average, around 119.97% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 9.1% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Estia Health shareholders could enjoy a 9.1% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Estia Health's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.13 per share.
Estia Health's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 27 February 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Estia Health share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Estia Health's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.905 up to $2.93. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Estia Health's is 1.2325. This would suggest that Estia Health's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Estia Health overview
Estia Health Limited operates residential aged care homes in Australia. As of June 30, 2020, it had 69 homes, which include 6,182 resident places in New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, and Victoria. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert