How to buy Energy Technologies (EGY) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Energy Technologies shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Energy Technologies is an electrical equipment & parts business based in Australia. Energy Technologies shares (EGY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Energy Technologies has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $11.3 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Energy Technologies
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Energy Technologies . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EGY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Energy Technologies reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Energy Technologies . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Energy Technologies key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Energy Technologies stock a buy or sell?
- Energy Technologies performance over time
- Energy Technologies 's financials
- How volatile are Energy Technologies shares?
- Does Energy Technologies pay a dividend?
- Have Energy Technologies shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Energy Technologies stock price (ASX:EGY)Use our graph to track the performance of EGY stocks over time.
Energy Technologies shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.05 - $0.165|
|50-day moving average||$0.0592|
|200-day moving average||$0.0879|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.035|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Energy Technologies stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Energy Technologies price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-21)||0.055|
|1 month (2022-05-27)||-1.79%|
|3 months (2022-03-28)||-31.25%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-45.00%|
|1 year (2021-06-28)||-60.71%|
|2 years (2020-06-26)||-56.62%|
|3 years (2019-06-28)||-81.67%|
|5 years (2017-06-28)||-99.91%|
Energy Technologies financials
|Revenue TTM||$11.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$2.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-12.03%|
|Return on equity TTM||-38.71%|
|Market capitalisation||$15 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Energy Technologies share dividends
We're not expecting Energy Technologies to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Energy Technologies 's shares ever split?
Energy Technologies 's shares were split on a 1:100 basis on 15 February 2019. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Energy Technologies shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 9900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Energy Technologies shares which in turn could have impacted Energy Technologies 's share price.
Energy Technologies share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Energy Technologies 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.05 up to $0.165. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Energy Technologies 's is -0.015. This would suggest that Energy Technologies 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Energy Technologies has bucked the trend.
Energy Technologies overview
Energy Technologies Limited manufactures and sells specialist industrial cables. The company offers low voltage insulated copper cables. It is also involved in the renewable energy sector. The company was formerly known as Dulhunty Power Limited and changed its name to Energy Technologies Limited in October 2011. Energy Technologies Limited was incorporated in 1983 and is based in Brookvale, Australia.
Stocks similar to Energy Technologies
Energy Technologies in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
Ask an Expert