How to buy Energy Technologies (EGY) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Energy Technologies shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Energy Technologies Limited is an electrical equipment & parts business based in Australia. Energy Technologies shares (EGY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Energy Technologies has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $9.4 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Energy Technologies
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Energy Technologies . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EGY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Energy Technologies reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Energy Technologies . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Energy Technologies key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Energy Technologies stock a buy or sell?
- Energy Technologies performance over time
- Energy Technologies 's financials
- How volatile are Energy Technologies shares?
- Does Energy Technologies pay a dividend?
- Have Energy Technologies shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Energy Technologies stock price (ASX:EGY)Use our graph to track the performance of EGY stocks over time.
Energy Technologies shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.075 - $0.18|
|50-day moving average||$0.1309|
|200-day moving average||$0.143|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.034|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Energy Technologies stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Energy Technologies price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-10)||0.12|
|1 month (2021-08-18)||-14.29%|
|3 months (2021-06-18)||-25.00%|
|6 months (2021-03-18)||-14.29%|
|1 year (2020-09-18)||51.90%|
|2 years (2019-09-18)||-58.62%|
|3 years (2018-09-18)||-99.70%|
|5 years (2016-09-16)||-99.80%|
Energy Technologies financials
|Revenue TTM||$9.4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$2.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-7.22%|
|Return on equity TTM||-39.66%|
|Market capitalisation||$20.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Energy Technologies share dividends
We're not expecting Energy Technologies to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Energy Technologies 's shares ever split?
Energy Technologies 's shares were split on a 1:100 basis on 14 February 2019. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Energy Technologies shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 9900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Energy Technologies shares which in turn could have impacted Energy Technologies 's share price.
Energy Technologies share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Energy Technologies 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.075 up to $0.18. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Energy Technologies 's is -0.4407. This would suggest that Energy Technologies 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Energy Technologies has bucked the trend.
Energy Technologies overview
Energy Technologies Limited manufactures and sells specialist industrial cables. It offers low voltage insulated copper cables. The company was formerly known as Dulhunty Power Limited and changed its name to Energy Technologies Limited in October 2011. Energy Technologies Limited was incorporated in 1983 and is based in Brookvale, Australia.
Stocks similar to Energy Technologies
Energy Technologies in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Why is the Telstra share price running higher today?
Shares in the telecoms operator have jumped nearly 40% over the last 12 months.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Wabi (WABI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Wabi (WABI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Cindicator (CND) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Cindicator (CND) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy MonaCoin (MONA) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the MonaCoin (MONA) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bluzelle (BLZ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bluzelle (BLZ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Whitecoin (XWC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Whitecoin (XWC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Storj (STORJ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Storj (STORJ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Will Qantas shares jump as it locks in travel dates to Fiji, the UK and the US?
Despite the good news, Qantas shares closed flat following the announcement, but that could change in the coming weeks.
Why is the Pilbara Minerals share price zooming today?
Shares in the lithium producer are up five-fold over the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert