How to buy Energy Metals shares
Own Energy Metals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Energy Metals Limited is an uranium business based in Australia. Energy Metals shares (EME) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Energy Metals has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $21 million.
How to buy shares in Energy Metals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Energy Metals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EME. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Energy Metals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.1, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Energy Metals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
Energy Metals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of EME stocks over time.
Energy Metals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.06 - $0.14|
|50-day moving average||$0.1192|
|200-day moving average||$0.1172|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Energy Metals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Energy Metals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-14)||-50.00%|
|1 month (2020-12-21)||-35.48%|
|3 months (2020-10-21)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-21)||-25.93%|
|1 year (2020-01-21)||-9.09%|
|2 years (2019-01-21)||-13.04%|
|3 years (2018-01-18)||-9.09%|
|5 years (2016-01-21)||53.85%|
Energy Metals financials
|Operating margin TTM||1195.77%|
|Gross profit TTM||$9,409|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.24%|
|Return on equity TTM||-1.15%|
|Market capitalisation||$21 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Energy Metals share dividends
We're not expecting Energy Metals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Energy Metals 's shares ever split?
Energy Metals 's shares were split on a 3:1 basis on 29 February 2008. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 3 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Energy Metals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 66.7% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Energy Metals shares which in turn could have impacted Energy Metals 's share price.
Energy Metals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Energy Metals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.06 up to $0.14. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Energy Metals 's is 1.3688. This would suggest that Energy Metals 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Energy Metals overview
Energy Metals Limited operates as a uranium exploration company in Australia. The company holds interests in eight projects covering an area of approximately 2,700 km2 located in the Northern Territory and Western Australia. It is also involved in uranium trading activities. The company is based in West Perth, Australia. Energy Metals Limited is a subsidiary of China General Nuclear Power Corporation.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Energy Metals units | A$51.74
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Energy Metals units | A$52.98
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Energy Metals units | A$103.81
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Energy Metals units | A$23.91
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Energy Metals units | A$88.92
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Energy Metals units | A$16.55
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Energy Metals units | A$75.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Energy Metals units | A$51.3
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Energy Metals units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert