How to buy Energy Action shares
Own Energy Action shares in just a few minutes.
Energy Action Limited is a consulting services business based in Australia. Energy Action shares (EAX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Energy Action has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $19.8 million.
How to buy shares in Energy Action
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Energy Action . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EAX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Energy Action reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Energy Action . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Energy Action share priceUse our graph to track the performance of EAX stocks over time.
Energy Action shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$0.093 - AUDA$0.34|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.23|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1677|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.466|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Energy Action stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Energy Action under- or over-valued?
Valuing Energy Action stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Energy Action 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Energy Action 's EBITDA
Energy Action 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.4 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Energy Action 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Energy Action financials
|Revenue TTM||$19.8 million|
|Operating margin TTM||6.24%|
|Gross profit TTM||$5.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||5.06%|
|Return on equity TTM||-56.09%|
|Market capitalisation||$5.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Energy Action share dividends
We're not expecting Energy Action to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Energy Action share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Energy Action 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.093 up to $0.34. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Energy Action 's is 2.0066. This would suggest that Energy Action 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Energy Action overview
Energy Action Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides electricity and gas procurement, managed, and retail billing services in Australia. The company operates Australian Energy Exchange for electricity and gas procurement service through online, real time, and reverse auction platform for business customers. It also provides Energy Metrics, an independent manager services platform that offers energy consumption monitoring and costing, energy emissions monitoring, contract administration, detailed technical reporting, desktop energy efficiency review, and additional reporting and monitoring services. In addition, the company offers retail services, including embedded networks and retailer onboarding, meter reading, billing, standing data management, receivables management, and performance reporting for embedded network operators, as well as advisory services. It serves commercial, industrial, and small and medium sized business customers. Energy Action Limited was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Parramatta, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert