How to buy Empire Energy Group shares | A$0.395
Own Empire Energy Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Empire Energy Group Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Empire Energy Group shares (EEG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.395 – an increase of 3.95% over the previous week. Empire Energy Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $5 million.
How to buy shares in Empire Energy Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Empire Energy Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EEG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Empire Energy Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.395, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Empire Energy Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Empire Energy Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Empire Energy Group stock a buy or sell?
- Empire Energy Group performance over time
- Empire Energy Group 's financials
- How volatile are Empire Energy Group shares?
- Does Empire Energy Group pay a dividend?
- Have Empire Energy Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Empire Energy Group 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Empire Energy Group 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.395, which is 11.39% up on its pre-crash value of $0.35 and 203.85% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.13.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Empire Energy Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $354.43 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,000.00.
Empire Energy Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of EEG stocks over time.
Empire Energy Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.395|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.13 - AUDA$0.55|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.3317|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.2813|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.111|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Empire Energy Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Empire Energy Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||3.95%|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||23.44%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||46.30%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||92.68%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||43.64%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||97.50%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||338.89%|
|5 years (2015-10-20)||131.54%|
Is Empire Energy Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Empire Energy Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Empire Energy Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Empire Energy Group 's EBITDA
Empire Energy Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $3.4 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Empire Energy Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Empire Energy Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-12.03%|
|Return on equity TTM||-95.79%|
|Market capitalisation||$127.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Empire Energy Group share dividends
We're not expecting Empire Energy Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Empire Energy Group 's shares ever split?
Empire Energy Group 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 4 June 2019. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Empire Energy Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Empire Energy Group shares which in turn could have impacted Empire Energy Group 's share price.
Empire Energy Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Empire Energy Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.13 up to $0.55. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Empire Energy Group 's is 2.6416. This would suggest that Empire Energy Group 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Empire Energy Group overview
Empire Energy Group Limited, together its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition, development, production, exploration, and sale of oil and natural gas in the United States. It operates through US Oil and Gas Operations and Northern Territory Gas Operations segments. The company focuses on onshore long-life oil and gas fields in the United States. It sells oil and gas products primarily to owners of domestic pipelines, utilities, and refiners located in Pennsylvania and New York. The company was formerly known as Imperial Corporation Limited and changed its name to Empire Energy Group Limited in March 2011. Empire Energy Group Limited is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert