How to buy Empire Energy Group (EEG) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Empire Energy Group shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Empire Energy Group Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Empire Energy Group shares (EEG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Empire Energy Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $6 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Empire Energy Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Empire Energy Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EEG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Empire Energy Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Empire Energy Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Empire Energy Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Empire Energy Group stock a buy or sell?
- Empire Energy Group performance over time
- Empire Energy Group 's financials
- How volatile are Empire Energy Group shares?
- Does Empire Energy Group pay a dividend?
- Have Empire Energy Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Empire Energy Group stock price (ASX:EEG)Use our graph to track the performance of EEG stocks over time.
Empire Energy Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.27 - $0.43|
|50-day moving average||$0.2981|
|200-day moving average||$0.3211|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.026|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Empire Energy Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Empire Energy Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-16)||-1.49%|
|1 month (2021-08-26)||15.79%|
|3 months (2021-06-25)||1.54%|
|6 months (2021-03-26)||-8.33%|
|1 year (2020-09-25)||6.45%|
|2 years (2019-09-26)||65.00%|
|3 years (2018-09-26)||-85.00%|
|5 years (2016-09-26)||-71.00%|
Is Empire Energy Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Empire Energy Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Empire Energy Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Empire Energy Group 's EBITDA
Empire Energy Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $3.4 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Empire Energy Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Empire Energy Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$6 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-8.77%|
|Return on equity TTM||-22.08%|
|Market capitalisation||$197.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Empire Energy Group share dividends
We're not expecting Empire Energy Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Empire Energy Group 's shares ever split?
Empire Energy Group 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 4 June 2019. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Empire Energy Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Empire Energy Group shares which in turn could have impacted Empire Energy Group 's share price.
Empire Energy Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Empire Energy Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.27 up to $0.43. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Empire Energy Group 's is 1.8905. This would suggest that Empire Energy Group 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Empire Energy Group overview
Empire Energy Group Limited, together its subsidiaries, engages in the production and sale of oil and natural gas in the United States and Australia. It operates through US Operations and Northern Territory segments. The company holds a 100% working interest in approximately 14.5 million acres of prospective shale oil and gas exploration acreage in the McArthur Basin and Beetaloo Sub-basin, Northern Territory, Australia. It sells oil and gas products primarily to owners of domestic pipelines, utilities, and refiners located in Pennsylvania and New York. The company was formerly known as Imperial Corporation Limited and changed its name to Empire Energy Group Limited in March 2011. Empire Energy Group Limited was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Stocks similar to Empire Energy Group
Empire Energy Group in the news
Empire Energy Group Ltd Beetaloo Grants to Drive Next Phase of Growth
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Cosmos Exploration IPO
Everything we know about the Cosmos Exploration IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What is behind the bounce in the Zip Co share price?
Shares in BNPL provider Zip Co have slipped more than 13% in the last 6 months.
Why the AGL share price has rebounded today
Shares in electricity giant AGL Energy are down 60% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Dundas Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Dundas Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO
Everything we know about the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
The best iron ore stocks on the ASX (2021)
We look at some of the biggest and best performing iron ore stocks in Australia.
Why are the CBA and WBC share prices stumbling today?
Shares in the major banks have risen more than 50% in the last 12 months.
How to buy Evergrande shares from Australia
Steps to owning and managing China Evergrande Group shares from Australia.
How to invest in the Hamelin Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Hamelin Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Lykos Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Lykos Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert