How to buy Empire Energy Group (EEG) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Empire Energy Group shares.
Empire Energy Group is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Empire Energy Group shares (EEG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Empire Energy Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $10.7 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Empire Energy Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Empire Energy Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EEG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Empire Energy Group reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Empire Energy Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Empire Energy Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Empire Energy Group stock a buy or sell?
- Empire Energy Group performance over time
- Empire Energy Group 's financials
- How volatile are Empire Energy Group shares?
- Does Empire Energy Group pay a dividend?
- Have Empire Energy Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Empire Energy Group stock price (ASX:EEG)Use our graph to track the performance of EEG stocks over time.
Empire Energy Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.115 - $0.235|
|50-day moving average||$0.1379|
|200-day moving average||$0.1551|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.02|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Empire Energy Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Empire Energy Group price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-30)||33.33%|
|1 month (2023-11-10)||69.23%|
|3 months (2023-09-08)||51.72%|
|6 months (2023-06-09)||15.79%|
|1 year (2022-12-09)||11.39%|
|2 years (2021-12-10)||-37.14%|
|3 years (2020-12-10)||-38.89%|
|5 years (2018-12-10)||-84.29%|
Empire Energy Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$10.7 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$7.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-3.64%|
|Return on equity TTM||-9.19%|
|Market capitalisation||$127.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Empire Energy Group share dividends
We're not expecting Empire Energy Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Empire Energy Group 's shares ever split?
Empire Energy Group 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 5 June 2019. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Empire Energy Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Empire Energy Group shares which in turn could have impacted Empire Energy Group 's share price.
Empire Energy Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Empire Energy Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.115 up to $0.235. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Empire Energy Group 's is 0.98. This would suggest that Empire Energy Group 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Empire Energy Group overview
Empire Energy Group Limited, together its subsidiaries, engages in the production and sale of oil and natural gas in the United States and Australia. It operates through US Operations and Northern Territory segments. The company holds a 100% working interest in approximately 28.9 million acres of petroleum exploration tenements in the McArthur Basin and Beetaloo Sub-basin, onshore Northern Territory, Australia. It sells oil and gas products primarily to owners of domestic pipelines, utilities, and refiners located in Pennsylvania and New York. The company was formerly known as Imperial Corporation Limited and changed its name to Empire Energy Group Limited in March 2011. Empire Energy Group Limited was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Stocks similar to Empire Energy Group
Empire Energy Group in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Tiger Brokers review for Australians
If you're thinking of trading stocks with Tiger Brokers, check out our review of this online broker's fees, safety and pros and cons first.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Caltex Australia shares
Steps to owning and managing Caltex Australia shares from .
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert