How to buy Emerald Resources NL (EMR) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Emerald Resources NL shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Emerald Resources NL is a gold business based in Australia. Emerald Resources NL shares (EMR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollar. Emerald Resources NL has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $21,000. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Emerald Resources NL
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Emerald Resources NL. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EMR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Emerald Resources NL reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Emerald Resources NL. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Emerald Resources NL key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Emerald Resources NL stock a buy or sell?
- Emerald Resources NL performance over time
- Emerald Resources NL's financials
- How volatile are Emerald Resources NL shares?
- Does Emerald Resources NL pay a dividend?
- Have Emerald Resources NL shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Emerald Resources NL stock price (ASX:EMR)Use our graph to track the performance of EMR stocks over time.
Emerald Resources NL shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.725 - $1.2|
|50-day moving average||$1.0852|
|200-day moving average||$0.9655|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.032|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Emerald Resources NL stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Emerald Resources NL price performance over time
|1 week (2022-01-20)||1.14|
|1 month (2021-12-24)||7.04%|
|3 months (2021-10-27)||17.53%|
|6 months (2021-07-27)||29.55%|
|1 year (2021-01-27)||43.40%|
|2 years (2020-01-24)||165.12%|
|3 years (2019-01-25)||216.67%|
|5 years (2017-01-27)||142.55%|
Emerald Resources NL financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-1,777,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.35%|
|Return on equity TTM||-14.82%|
|Market capitalisation||$613 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Emerald Resources NL share dividends
We're not expecting Emerald Resources NL to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Emerald Resources NL's shares ever split?
Emerald Resources NL's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 24 March 2020. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Emerald Resources NL shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Emerald Resources NL shares which in turn could have impacted Emerald Resources NL's share price.
Emerald Resources NL share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Emerald Resources NL's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.725 up to $1.2. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Emerald Resources NL's is 1.3261. This would suggest that Emerald Resources NL's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Emerald Resources NL overview
Emerald Resources NL engages in the exploration and development of mineral reserves in the Cambodia and Australia. The company exploration tenements include a combination of 100% owned granted licenses, applications, and earn-in and joint venture agreements covering a combined area of 1,239 square kilometers. Its principal property is the Okvau Gold project located in the city of Phnom Penh, province of Mondulkiri. The company was formerly known as Emerald Oil & Gas NL and changed its name to Emerald Resources NL in December 2014. Emerald Resources NL was incorporated in 1969 and is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Emerald Resources NL
Emerald Resources NL in the news
Emerald Resources NL - Recommended and Unconditional Takeover Offer for Bullseye Extended
Emerald Resources NL - Extension to Voluntary Suspension
Emerald Resources NL - Bullseye Mining Limited, Undertaking
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Back to school laptops: Buying guide
What are the things to watch out for when buying your child's first laptop?
Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
As Russia gets ready to outlaw its local crypto market, BTC could be faced with even greater volatility in the near future.
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
Here are the 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.
Ask an Expert