How to buy Emerald Resources NL shares
Own Emerald Resources NL shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Emerald Resources NL is a gold business based in Australia. Emerald Resources NL shares (EMR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Emerald Resources NL has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $240,000..
How to buy shares in Emerald Resources NL
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Emerald Resources NL. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EMR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Emerald Resources NL reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.795, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Emerald Resources NL. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Emerald Resources NL key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Emerald Resources NL stock a buy or sell?
- Emerald Resources NL performance over time
- Emerald Resources NL's financials
- How volatile are Emerald Resources NL shares?
- Does Emerald Resources NL pay a dividend?
- Have Emerald Resources NL shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Emerald Resources NL share priceUse our graph to track the performance of EMR stocks over time.
Emerald Resources NL shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.26 - $0.9|
|50-day moving average||$0.7631|
|200-day moving average||$0.6496|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Emerald Resources NL stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Emerald Resources NL price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-18)||-5.92%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||6.71%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||27.20%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||37.07%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||1,748.84%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||2,108.33%|
|3 years (2018-01-25)||1,792.86%|
|5 years (2016-01-25)||3,356.52%|
Emerald Resources NL financials
|Gross profit TTM||$240,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.1%|
|Return on equity TTM||-13.22%|
|Market capitalisation||$407.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Emerald Resources NL share dividends
We're not expecting Emerald Resources NL to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Emerald Resources NL's shares ever split?
Emerald Resources NL's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 25 March 2020. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Emerald Resources NL shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Emerald Resources NL shares which in turn could have impacted Emerald Resources NL's share price.
Emerald Resources NL share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Emerald Resources NL's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.26 up to $0.9. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Emerald Resources NL's is 1.0444. This would suggest that Emerald Resources NL's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Emerald Resources NL overview
Emerald Resources NL engages in the exploration and development of gold properties in the Cambodia, Australia, and the United States. The company primarily explores for and develops Cambodian gold projects comprising a combination of 100% owned granted licenses, applications, and earn-in & joint venture agreements covering a combined area of 1,132 square kilometers. Its principal property is the Okvau Gold project covering 11.5 square kilometers located in the city of Phnom Penh, province of Mondulkiri. The company was formerly known as Emerald Oil & Gas NL and changed its name to Emerald Resources NL in December 2014. Emerald Resources NL was incorporated in 1969 and is headquartered in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Emerald Resources NL units | A$51.67
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Emerald Resources NL units | A$52.89
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Emerald Resources NL units | A$104.57
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Emerald Resources NL units | A$24.01
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Emerald Resources NL units | A$90.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Emerald Resources NL units | A$17.23
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Emerald Resources NL units | A$75.54
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Emerald Resources NL units | A$50.6
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Emerald Resources NL units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert