How to buy Emeco Holdings shares | A$0.795
Own Emeco Holdings shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Emeco Holdings Limited is a rental & leasing services business based in Australia. Emeco Holdings shares (EHL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.795 – a decrease of 4.79% over the previous week. Emeco Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $540.4 million.
How to buy shares in Emeco Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Emeco Holdings . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EHL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Emeco Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.795, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Emeco Holdings . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Emeco Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Emeco Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Emeco Holdings performance over time
- Are Emeco Holdings shares over-valued?
- Emeco Holdings 's financials
- How volatile are Emeco Holdings shares?
- Does Emeco Holdings pay a dividend?
- Have Emeco Holdings shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Emeco Holdings 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Emeco Holdings 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.795, which is 66.88% down on its pre-crash value of $2.4 and 63.92% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.485.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Emeco Holdings shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $231.82 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $361.37.
Emeco Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of EHL stocks over time.
Emeco Holdings shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.795|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.63 - AUDA$2.55|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.8431|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.9803|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.198|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Emeco Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Emeco Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||-7.56%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||-5.92%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||-13.11%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||-28.05%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-59.18%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-77.08%|
|3 years (2017-10-19)||-66.96%|
|5 years (2015-10-19)||58.84%|
Is Emeco Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing Emeco Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Emeco Holdings 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Emeco Holdings 's P/E ratio
Emeco Holdings 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 4x. In other words, Emeco Holdings shares trade at around 4x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Emeco Holdings 's EBITDA
Emeco Holdings 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $222.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Emeco Holdings 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Emeco Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$540.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||21.2%|
|Gross profit TTM||$244.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||7.71%|
|Return on equity TTM||23.82%|
|Market capitalisation||$448.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Emeco Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting Emeco Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Emeco Holdings 's shares ever split?
Emeco Holdings 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 18 November 2018. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Emeco Holdings shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Emeco Holdings shares which in turn could have impacted Emeco Holdings 's share price.
Emeco Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Emeco Holdings 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.63 up to $2.55. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Emeco Holdings 's is 1.7186. This would suggest that Emeco Holdings 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Emeco Holdings overview
Emeco Holdings Limited provides heavy earthmoving equipment and mining service solutions in Australia. The company rents trucks, excavators, dozers, loaders, and graders. It is also involved in the maintenance and remanufacturing of various components of heavy earthmoving equipment. Emeco Holdings Limited was founded in 1972 and is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert