How to buy Ellex Medical Lasers shares
Own Ellex Medical Lasers shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Ellex Medical Lasers Limited is a medical devices business based in Australia. Ellex Medical Lasers shares (ELX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Ellex Medical Lasers has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $12.8 million..
How to buy shares in Ellex Medical Lasers
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Ellex Medical Lasers . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ELX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Ellex Medical Lasers reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.32, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Ellex Medical Lasers . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Ellex Medical Lasers key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Ellex Medical Lasers stock a buy or sell?
- Ellex Medical Lasers performance over time
- Ellex Medical Lasers 's financials
- How volatile are Ellex Medical Lasers shares?
- Does Ellex Medical Lasers pay a dividend?
- Have Ellex Medical Lasers shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Ellex Medical Lasers 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Ellex Medical Lasers 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.32, which is 56.76% down on its pre-crash value of $0.74 and 42.19% down on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.455.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Ellex Medical Lasers shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $591.19 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $402.52.
Ellex Medical Lasers share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ELX stocks over time.
Ellex Medical Lasers shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.285 - $0.9|
|50-day moving average||$0.3224|
|200-day moving average||$0.4579|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.248|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Ellex Medical Lasers stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Ellex Medical Lasers price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-5.88%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-4.48%|
|3 months (2020-10-19)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||-52.94%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||-57.33%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||-47.54%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||-67.68%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||-56.16%|
Is Ellex Medical Lasers under- or over-valued?
Valuing Ellex Medical Lasers stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Ellex Medical Lasers 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Ellex Medical Lasers 's EBITDA
Ellex Medical Lasers 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $679,000 (£386,416).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Ellex Medical Lasers 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Ellex Medical Lasers financials
|Revenue TTM||$12.8 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$9.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.14%|
|Return on equity TTM||-12.19%|
|Market capitalisation||$102 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Ellex Medical Lasers share dividends
We're not expecting Ellex Medical Lasers to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Ellex Medical Lasers 's shares ever split?
Ellex Medical Lasers 's shares were split on a 1:5 basis on 10 July 2001. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Ellex Medical Lasers shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Ellex Medical Lasers shares which in turn could have impacted Ellex Medical Lasers 's share price.
Ellex Medical Lasers share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Ellex Medical Lasers 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.285 up to $0.9. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Ellex Medical Lasers 's is 0.6182. This would suggest that Ellex Medical Lasers 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Ellex Medical Lasers overview
Nova Eye Medical Limited designs, manufactures, distributes, and services medical equipment and devices to diagnose and treat eye diseases. The company offers iTrack, a surgical system for the reduction of intraocular pressure (IOP) in adult patients with openangle glaucoma; and 2RT, a proprietary laser technology to treat patients in early/intermediate age-related macular degeneration. It operates in Australia, the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Japan, rest of Asia, South America, and internationally. Nova Eye Medical Limited was incorporated in 1970 and is headquartered in Kent Town, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Ellex Medical Lasers units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Ellex Medical Lasers units | A$52.92
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Ellex Medical Lasers units | A$103.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Ellex Medical Lasers units | A$23.84
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Ellex Medical Lasers units | A$88.09
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Ellex Medical Lasers units | A$16.16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Ellex Medical Lasers units | A$75.2
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Ellex Medical Lasers units | A$50.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Ellex Medical Lasers units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert