How to buy Ellerston Asian Investments shares | A$1.07
Own Ellerston Asian Investments shares in just a few minutes.
Ellerston Asian Investments Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Ellerston Asian Investments shares (EAI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.07 – an increase of 1.9% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $154.2 million.
How to buy shares in Ellerston Asian Investments
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Ellerston Asian Investments . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: EAI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Ellerston Asian Investments reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.07, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Ellerston Asian Investments . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Ellerston Asian Investments key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Ellerston Asian Investments stock a buy or sell?
- Ellerston Asian Investments performance over time
- Are Ellerston Asian Investments shares over-valued?
- Ellerston Asian Investments 's financials
- Does Ellerston Asian Investments pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Ellerston Asian Investments 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Ellerston Asian Investments 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $1.07, which is 0.93% down on its pre-crash value of $1.08 and 28.92% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.83.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Ellerston Asian Investments shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $813.72 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,049.02.
Ellerston Asian Investments share priceUse our graph to track the performance of EAI stocks over time.
Ellerston Asian Investments shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.07|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.87 - AUDA$1.2289|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.0971|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.0622|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.042|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Ellerston Asian Investments stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Ellerston Asian Investments price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||-11.33%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||4.39%|
|3 months (2020-06-21)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||28.92%|
|1 year (2019-09-21)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||2.88%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||11.46%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||N/A|
Is Ellerston Asian Investments under- or over-valued?
Valuing Ellerston Asian Investments stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Ellerston Asian Investments 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Ellerston Asian Investments 's P/E ratio
Ellerston Asian Investments 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 25x. In other words, Ellerston Asian Investments shares trade at around 25x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Ellerston Asian Investments financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||0%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$154.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Ellerston Asian Investments share dividends
We're not expecting Ellerston Asian Investments to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Ellerston Asian Investments overview
Ellerston Asian Investments Limited is an open-ended equity mutual fund launched and managed by Ellerston Capital Limited. The fund invests in the public equity markets of Asia. It invests in stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. The fund invests in stocks of companies across diversified market capitalizations. It employs fundamental analysis with top-down and bottom-up stock picking approach focusing on factors like research, analysis, skill, macro analysis, identification of thematics as well as market conditions to create its portfolio. The fund benchmarks the performance of its portfolio against the MSCI Asia ex Japan (AUD) Index. Ellerston Asian Investments Limited was formed on August 4, 2015 and is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert