How to buy ECP Emerging Growth (ECP) shares
Learn how to easily invest in ECP Emerging Growth shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
ECP Emerging Growth Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. ECP Emerging Growth shares (ECP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. ECP Emerging Growth has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $251,846. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in ECP Emerging Growth
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for ECP Emerging Growth . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ECP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until ECP Emerging Growth reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of ECP Emerging Growth . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- ECP Emerging Growth key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is ECP Emerging Growth stock a buy or sell?
- ECP Emerging Growth performance over time
- Are ECP Emerging Growth shares over-valued?
- ECP Emerging Growth 's financials
- How volatile are ECP Emerging Growth shares?
- Does ECP Emerging Growth pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
ECP Emerging Growth stock price (ASX:ECP)Use our graph to track the performance of ECP stocks over time.
ECP Emerging Growth shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.0897 - $1.5779|
|50-day moving average||$1.4916|
|200-day moving average||$1.4596|
|Dividend yield||$0.026 (1.73%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.332|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy ECP Emerging Growth stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
ECP Emerging Growth price performance over time
|1 month (2021-06-28)||0.69%|
|3 months (2021-04-28)||2.11%|
Is ECP Emerging Growth under- or over-valued?
Valuing ECP Emerging Growth stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of ECP Emerging Growth 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
ECP Emerging Growth 's P/E ratio
ECP Emerging Growth 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 5x. In other words, ECP Emerging Growth shares trade at around 5x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
ECP Emerging Growth financials
|Gross profit TTM||$304,194|
|Return on assets TTM||-3.8%|
|Return on equity TTM||22.86%|
|Market capitalisation||$27.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
ECP Emerging Growth share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 11.06% of net profits
Recently ECP Emerging Growth has paid out, on average, around 11.06% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 1.71% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), ECP Emerging Growth shareholders could enjoy a 1.71% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In ECP Emerging Growth 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.026 per share.
While ECP Emerging Growth 's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that ECP Emerging Growth is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 24 February 2021 (the "ex-dividend date").
ECP Emerging Growth share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, ECP Emerging Growth 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.0897 up to $1.5779. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while ECP Emerging Growth 's is 0.8056. This would suggest that ECP Emerging Growth 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
ECP Emerging Growth overview
ECP Emerging Growth Limited operates as an investment company in Australia. It invests in Australian small and mid-cap growth companies. The company was formerly known as Barrack St Investments Limited and changed its name to ECP Emerging Growth Limited in November 2019. ECP Emerging Growth Limited was incorporated in 2014 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
ECP Emerging Growth in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Shopping.io (SPI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Shopping.io (SPI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy LUKSO Token (LYXE) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the LUKSO Token (LYXE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy KardiaChain (KAI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the KardiaChain (KAI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Neutrino USD (USDN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Neutrino USD (USDN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Venus BTC (VBTC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Venus BTC (VBTC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert