How to buy DWS shares | A$0.88
Own DWS shares in just a few minutes.
DWS Limited is an information technology services business based in Australia. DWS shares (DWS) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.88 – a decrease of 3.83% over the previous week. DWS has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $168.7 million.
How to buy shares in DWS
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for DWS . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DWS. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until DWS reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.88, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of DWS . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
DWS share priceUse our graph to track the performance of DWS stocks over time.
DWS shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.88|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.545 - AUDA$1.1|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.8963|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.8045|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.06 (6.52%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.057|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy DWS stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
DWS price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||-3.83%|
|1 month (2020-08-19)||-0.56%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||7.32%|
|6 months (2020-03-19)||39.68%|
|1 year (2019-09-19)||-16.59%|
|2 years (2018-09-19)||-29.60%|
|3 years (2017-09-19)||-34.57%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||-12.00%|
Is DWS under- or over-valued?
Valuing DWS stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of DWS 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
DWS 's P/E ratio
DWS 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 16x. In other words, DWS shares trade at around 16x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
DWS 's EBITDA
DWS 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $19 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a DWS 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||$168.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||9.98%|
|Gross profit TTM||$25.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||7.1%|
|Return on equity TTM||10.77%|
|Market capitalisation||$121.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
DWS share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 122.81% of net profits
Recently DWS has paid out, on average, around 122.81% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 6.52% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), DWS shareholders could enjoy a 6.52% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In DWS 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.06 per share.
DWS 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 2 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
DWS share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, DWS 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.545 up to $1.1. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while DWS 's is 1.1271. This would suggest that DWS 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
DWS Limited provides information technology (IT) services to corporations and government bodies in Australia and New Zealand. The company offers IT consulting, managed application, program and project management, customer driven innovation, digital transformation, data and business analytics, strategic advisory and productivity, and robotic process automation services. The company serves government and defense, banking and finance, utilities, transport, healthcare, IT and communication, FMCG and retail, resources, and other sectors. DWS Limited was founded in 1991 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert