How to buy DroneShield shares | A$0.195
Own DroneShield shares in just a few minutes.
DroneShield Limited is a computer hardware business based in Australia. DroneShield shares (DRO) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.195 – a decrease of 4.88% over the previous week. DroneShield has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $4.7 million.
How to buy shares in DroneShield
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for DroneShield . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DRO. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until DroneShield reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.195, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of DroneShield . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How has coronavirus impacted DroneShield 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, DroneShield 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.195, which is 0.00% up on its pre-crash value of $0.195 and 105.26% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.095.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of DroneShield shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $434.78 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $847.83.
DroneShield share priceUse our graph to track the performance of DRO stocks over time.
DroneShield shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.195|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.084 - AUDA$0.465|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.1551|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1296|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.03|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy DroneShield stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
DroneShield price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||-4.88%|
|1 month (2020-08-20)||39.29%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||44.44%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||62.50%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-51.25%|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||21.88%|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||0.195|
|5 years (2015-09-17)||N/A|
|Revenue TTM||$4.7 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-64.03%|
|Return on equity TTM||-149.9%|
|Market capitalisation||$81.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
DroneShield share dividends
We're not expecting DroneShield to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
DroneShield share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, DroneShield 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.084 up to $0.465. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while DroneShield 's is 0.6179. This would suggest that DroneShield 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
DroneShield Limited engages in the development, commercialization, and sale of hardware and software technology for drone detection and security in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and internationally. The company's drone security solutions protect people, organizations, and critical infrastructures from the intrusion of drones. Its products include DroneGun Tactical, a countermeasure against a range of drone models; DroneGun MkIII, a compact drone countermeasure; DroneSentinel, an ideal detection solution in any environment facing UAS threats; DroneSentry that integrates company's suite of sensors and countermeasures in a unified platform deployable in permanent or temporary installations; and DroneCannon RW, a counterdrone defeat solution. The company also offers DroneNode, a covert counter-drone defense solution; DroneCannon RW, a drone jamming solution for use on remote weapon stations; DroneSentry-X, a vehicle mounted detect and defeat device; and DroneShield Complete, a real time monitoring solution for local drone activity; as well as RfPatrol and RfZero, which are drone detection devices. Its products are used by defense agencies; airports and other civil defense users; utilities, such as power plants, electricity grids, and gas pipelines; ports and other critical infrastructure asset owners; intelligence and national security agencies; prisons; stadiums and other public event venues and organizers; media production sites; real estate owners, including hotels, commercial offices, and manufacturing plants; and ultra-high net worth individuals and government officials. The company sells its products through third party distributors, as well as direct relationships with various customers. DroneShield Limited was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert