How to buy DraftKings (DKNG) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in DraftKings shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
DraftKings Inc is a gambling business with stocks listed in the US. DraftKings shares (DKNG) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$28.37 – a decrease of 19.4% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in DraftKings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for DraftKings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DKNG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until DraftKings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$48.51, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of DraftKings, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of DraftKings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
DraftKings stock price (NASDAQ:DKNG)Use our graph to track the performance of DKNG stocks over time.
DraftKings shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$27.475 - US$74.38|
|50-day moving average||US$44.0568|
|200-day moving average||US$52.467|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-3.618|
Where to buy DraftKings stock
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy DraftKings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Considering buying DraftKings shares?Before you consider DraftKings, you'll want to hear this.
Ticker Nerd uses advanced software to track hundreds of signals and data points to find stocks before they blow up. You can get the next two hot stocks they find sent to your inbox for free.
Show me how
DraftKings price performance over time
|1 week (2021-11-29)||-19.40%|
|1 month (2021-11-05)||-34.96%|
|3 months (2021-09-03)||-53.51%|
|1 year (2020-12-04)||-42.40%|
|2 years (2019-12-06)||181.86%|
Stocks similar to DraftKings
|Revenue TTM||US$1.1 billion|
|Gross profit TTM||US$267.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-25.59%|
|Return on equity TTM||-75.35%|
|Market capitalisation||US$12.7 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
DraftKings share dividends
We're not expecting DraftKings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
DraftKings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, DraftKings's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$27.475 up to US$74.38. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while DraftKings's is 1.9134. This would suggest that DraftKings's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
DraftKings Inc. operates as a digital sports entertainment and gaming company in the United States. It operates through two segments, Business-to-Consumer and Business-to-Business. The company provides users with daily sports, sports betting, and iGaming opportunities. It is also involved in the design, development, and licensing of sports betting and casino gaming platform software for online and retail sportsbook, and casino gaming products. The company distributes its product offerings through various channels, including traditional websites and direct app downloads, as well as direct-to-consumer digital platforms, such as the Apple App store and the Google Play store. DraftKings Inc. was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
DraftKings in the news
2 Under-the-Radar Metaverse Stocks That Could Make You a Fortune
Why DraftKings Stock Plunged Today
DraftKings Is Weak From Losses and a Potentially Dilutive Deal
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
The best products to achieve the clean beauty look
From where the no-makeup makeup look meets the model off duty vibe, we've put together a range of no-fuss products you'll love.
Where to watch Moulin Rouge! online in Australia
Every man wanted her – 1 man dared to love her.
How to watch Man United vs Arsenal Premier League live and match preview
Manchester United are scrambling to stay in touch with the top 4 as they host Arsenal this week
12-day advent calendars you can still get before Christmas
From toys to socks to beauty items, these are the top 12-day advent calendars you can still enjoy in the lead up to Christmas.
McDonald’s (MCD) share price, company profile and news
Steps to owning and managing McDonald's shares from in Australia.
Reputation & Christmas parties: Why I won’t be having a festive celebration this year
Reputation + Christmas parties: could it be the potential volcano erupting leaving rands, families and individuals to deal with the fallout?
Pay-as-you-groan: On-demand insurance that pays you $2K for a broken arm
Insurtech Flip has shaken up the insurance industry by launching the first on-demand injury cover in the country.
How to invest in the Qualitas Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Qualitas Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the WA1 Resources IPO
Everything we know about the WA1 Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert