We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
DraftKings Inc is a gambling business with stocks listed in the US. DraftKings shares (DKNG) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$50.33 – an increase of 0.76% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in DraftKings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for DraftKings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DKNG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until DraftKings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$50.33, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of DraftKings, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of DraftKings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
DraftKings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of DKNG stocks over time.
DraftKings shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$27.54 - US$74.38|
|50-day moving average||US$50.9609|
|200-day moving average||US$55.8459|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$0.0462|
Compare share trading platforms to buy stock
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy DraftKings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
DraftKings price performance over time
|1 month (2021-05-17)||15.67%|
|3 months (2021-03-17)||-28.76%|
|6 months (2020-12-17)||-8.82%|
|1 year (2020-06-17)||23.60%|
|Revenue TTM||US$838.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||US$267.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-27.31%|
|Return on equity TTM||-129.78%|
|Market capitalisation||US$21.6 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shorting DraftKings shares
There are currently 34.3 million DraftKings shares held short by investors – that's known as DraftKings's "short interest". This figure is 3.6% down from 35.5 million last month.
There are a few different ways that this level of interest in shorting DraftKings shares can be evaluated.
DraftKings's "short interest ratio" (SIR)
DraftKings's "short interest ratio" (SIR) is the quantity of DraftKings shares currently shorted divided by the average quantity of DraftKings shares traded daily (recently around 20.8 million). DraftKings's SIR currently stands at 1.65. In other words for every 100,000 DraftKings shares traded daily on the market, roughly 1650 shares are currently held short.
However DraftKings's short interest can also be evaluated against the total number of DraftKings shares, or, against the total number of tradable DraftKings shares (the shares that aren't held by "insiders" or major long-term shareholders – also known as the "float"). In this case DraftKings's short interest could be expressed as 0.09% of the outstanding shares (for every 100,000 DraftKings shares in existence, roughly 90 shares are currently held short) or 0.1041% of the tradable shares (for every 100,000 tradable DraftKings shares, roughly 104 shares are currently held short).
Such a low SIR usually points to an optimistic outlook for the share price, with fewer people currently willing to bet against DraftKings.
Find out more about how you can short DraftKings stock.
DraftKings share dividends
We're not expecting DraftKings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
DraftKings Inc. operates as a digital sports entertainment and gaming company in the United States. It operates through two segments, Business-to-Consumer and Business-to-Business. The company provides users with daily sports, sports betting, and iGaming opportunities. It is also involved in the design, development, and licensing of sports betting and casino gaming platform software for online and retail sportsbook, and casino gaming products. The company distributes its product offerings through various channels, including traditional websites, direct app downloads, and direct-to-consumer digital platforms. DraftKings Inc. is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert