How to buy Djerriwarrh Investments shares | A$2.48
Own Djerriwarrh Investments shares in just a few minutes.
Djerriwarrh Investments Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Djerriwarrh Investments shares (DJW) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $2.48 – an increase of 1.22% over the previous week. Djerriwarrh Investments has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $37.2 million.
How to buy shares in Djerriwarrh Investments
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Djerriwarrh Investments . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DJW. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Djerriwarrh Investments reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.48, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Djerriwarrh Investments . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Djerriwarrh Investments key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Djerriwarrh Investments stock a buy or sell?
- Djerriwarrh Investments performance over time
- Are Djerriwarrh Investments shares over-valued?
- Djerriwarrh Investments 's financials
- How volatile are Djerriwarrh Investments shares?
- Does Djerriwarrh Investments pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Djerriwarrh Investments 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Djerriwarrh Investments 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $2.48, which is 25.97% down on its pre-crash value of $3.35 and 22.77% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $2.02.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Djerriwarrh Investments shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $621.31 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $733.73.
Djerriwarrh Investments share priceUse our graph to track the performance of DJW stocks over time.
Djerriwarrh Investments shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$2.48|
|52-week range||AUDA$2.28 - AUDA$3.74|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$2.5078|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$2.5489|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.1 (4.29%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.147|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Djerriwarrh Investments stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Djerriwarrh Investments price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||1.22%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-3.13%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||-1.20%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||3.33%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-29.14%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-27.70%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-29.94%|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||-39.66%|
Is Djerriwarrh Investments under- or over-valued?
Valuing Djerriwarrh Investments stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Djerriwarrh Investments 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Djerriwarrh Investments 's P/E ratio
Djerriwarrh Investments 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 17x. In other words, Djerriwarrh Investments shares trade at around 17x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Djerriwarrh Investments financials
|Revenue TTM||$37.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||88.93%|
|Gross profit TTM||$37.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.59%|
|Return on equity TTM||4.82%|
|Market capitalisation||$557.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Djerriwarrh Investments share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 127.38% of net profits
Recently Djerriwarrh Investments has paid out, on average, around 127.38% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 4.29% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Djerriwarrh Investments shareholders could enjoy a 4.29% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Djerriwarrh Investments 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.1 per share.
Djerriwarrh Investments 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 5 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Djerriwarrh Investments share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Djerriwarrh Investments 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.28 up to $3.74. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Djerriwarrh Investments 's is 0.7199. This would suggest that Djerriwarrh Investments 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Djerriwarrh Investments overview
Djerriwarrh Investments Limited is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm invests in public equity markets of Australia. The firm invests in diversified portfolio of Australian equities. Djerriwarrh Investments Limited was founded in November 1989 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert