How to buy Dicker Data shares
Own Dicker Data shares in just a few minutes.
Dicker Data Limited is an electronics & computer distribution business based in Australia. Dicker Data shares (DDR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Dicker Data has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.9 billion.
How to buy shares in Dicker Data
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Dicker Data . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DDR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Dicker Data reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Dicker Data . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Dicker Data share priceUse our graph to track the performance of DDR stocks over time.
Dicker Data shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$3.9 - AUDA$8.73|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$7.6386|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$6.9817|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.3 (3.9%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.36|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Dicker Data stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Dicker Data under- or over-valued?
Valuing Dicker Data stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Dicker Data 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Dicker Data 's P/E ratio
Dicker Data 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 22x. In other words, Dicker Data shares trade at around 22x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Dicker Data 's EBITDA
Dicker Data 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $81.3 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Dicker Data 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Dicker Data financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.9 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||4.1%|
|Gross profit TTM||$161.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||8.94%|
|Return on equity TTM||48.74%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.3 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Dicker Data share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 84.63% of net profits
Recently Dicker Data has paid out, on average, around 84.63% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.9% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Dicker Data shareholders could enjoy a 3.9% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Dicker Data 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.3 per share.
Dicker Data 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 13 August 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Dicker Data share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Dicker Data 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $3.9 up to $8.73. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Dicker Data 's is 0.5313. This would suggest that Dicker Data 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Dicker Data overview
Dicker Data Limited engages in the wholesale distribution of computer hardware, software, and related products in Australia and New Zealand. The company distributes a range of products of various technology vendors, including Cisco, Citrix, Dell Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HP, Lenovo, Microsoft, Symantec, RSA, Toshiba, Samsung, ASUS, and other brands. It sells its products to approximately 5,500 resellers. The company was formerly known as Rodin Corporation Pty Limited. Dicker Data Limited was founded in 1978 and is based in Kurnell, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert